• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cable A2-familiar seller!

Roughwear

Cable A2s rarely come up for sale these days. This one is from their first horse hide contract and appears to be untouched. Size wise its not a 46, but a 40, which is apparent from the spec tag and the dimensions given. The seller is convinced its a 46. :roll: Already there is stiff bidding and I hope whoever buys it realises its not a 46 and has a smooth transaction!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WWII-WW2-Goatskin ... 286.c0.m14

TankBuster

If the dimensions are listed, then the buyer should
know what they are getting. Size lables mean very
little to me anyhow. There is such a vast difference
from jacket to jacket.
I knew from the dimensions there was no way this
is a size 46 jacket. If it is, it's the smallest one I've
ever seen!!

hacker

Might be a size 46 in Spain :lol:

BTW, I think old Stevie is co-author on the new 'health care' bill :shock:

Sacco

Roughwear

asiamiles said:
Roughwear said:
All this is true Jeff, but the spec label reads 40 not 46!

Very hard to tell whether that's a 0 or a 6; anyway, the auction has been pulled.

Miles if you compare this 0 with the 6 on the spec label for a true size 46 Cable on JC's CD you can see it is a 0. I suspect the auction was pulled as he had an offer he couldn't refuse.

asiamiles

Roughwear said:
Miles if you compare this 0 with the 6 on the spec label for a true size 46 Cable on JC's CD you can see it is a 0. I suspect the auction was pulled as he had an offer he couldn't refuse.

It does look like a 0 to me, so I'm a bit surprised Steve couldn't tell with the jacket in front of him. Plus a 40 would only be one size too big for him, if that.

I'm sure you're right. Or he may have realised the error in the listing and decided to pull it and relist it with the correct info re. size and hide.

Roughwear

This late War Dubow was the one I sold a few weeks ago, but not to Steve. He wanted to buy it from me then, but was outbid in the auction. I'm suprised he's selling it as it would be his size.

Silver Surfer

get this, steve, aka seniko, etc, sent me an email saying he got $2500 for the jac. somehow, i just dont buy it. in my humble opinion, fair market would be $1400-$1600. and no, it was not as marked, assuming the measurements were correct. as mentioned above, a size 40-42 is more like it.

TankBuster

Mick will sell things for a good price every now and then. I bought
my clean size 5 Irvin from him a few years back. He had the guys
DFC paperwork that he threw in as well. Super nice guy!

Roughwear

deeb7 said:
asiamiles said:
I'm sure you're right. Or he may have realised the error in the listing and decided to pull it and relist it with the correct info re. size and hide.

That's probably it, meanwhile he has this listing ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-WW2-Horsehide- ... 0465562574

Let's hope it doesn't get water damaged before it ships, like this one back in May ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0410283720

Sold for $510, which I suspect was much less than he paid for it. Hope the sale goes through! ;)