• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buy it now here $2500 and ......

watchmanjimg

I gave you the benefit of the doubt yesterday but it appears Les was right after all. Why don't you just ignore his listing if you feel the price is too high?

watchmanjimg

I believe I understand your point. Sometimes it does seem as though higher-priced jackets don't do well here, but I guess that's for the market to decide. I don't think Les is a hypocrite for starting the bidding at $2000 on Ebay. No one here is prevented from making an offer if they're interested. The worst he can do is say no.

I'm pretty sure I'm the purchaser of the Rolex you mentioned. The seller was looking for quick cash and I happened to be the first to commit to the deal. We discussed the situation in detail and I'm confident that he completely understood what he was doing. I made it clear that I would resell the watch, and when I did it generated a 10-15% profit. Some might perceive this as a windfall, but then again I assumed the risk of loss by tying up cash in the midst of a recession.

I think the whole problem here is that your comments had nothing to do with the sale of Les' jacket, which was the only reason for the post. From this perspective one can understand why he might have gotten upset.

watchmanjimg

tcwu said:
Hello! I bought this watch from XXXXXXX last night, but I may not keep it because I'm having a hard time selling another Rolex on TZ. Please let me know if you're interested. I'd like to make a profit on the sale, but it doesn't have to be top market value. XXX
Report private message

Name deleted

I was typing my previous response as you were posting this. Guilty as charged! Is there something dishonest or misleading about my PM?

watchmanjimg

You must have confused this deal with another one. The forum member was asking $3200 for a Z-serial date Sub. I paid him $3160 in a face-to-face deal. As I mentioned earlier, he knew exactly what he was doing. He was also well aware of its value because he bought it new several months before listing it here. As far as the watch being worth significantly more than the asking price, I guess that's a matter of opinion. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, when I sold it I wound up with a net profit around 10% or a bit over $300. Nothing to write home about.

I've read your post more than once and it seems as if you're accusing me of screwing this seller. If this was your intention, you are quite mistaken. I understand your difficulty with English so correct me if I'm wrong. However, if this is what you meant to say then shame on you.

By selling that watch I invested the money in finishing two classic cars with a return of $115,000.00 so I didn`t do so bad. I knew what the Rolex was worth. FYI the price on the jacket in that size is not out of line. ;)

siddhartha

Administrator
Tread carefully.

It's fine to talk about value, etc., but don't insult a buyer/seller.

If you feel a jacket is overpriced, don't buy it. You can mention tactfully that you feel a price is too high, but don't accuse someone of trying to scam unless you have hard evidence to back it up

Chris

rich

Last year I sold an MA-1 to Jim, he offered and gave me more than I asked for it. A true gentleman.