• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso's exciting new jacket line-up 2024

Brettafett

Pete, from BK, sent me this list of new jackets they will be adding to their line-up later this year.
Quite extensive!
I was hoping to consolidate my jacket collection, and settle down a bit… But that plan’s shot.

Please note: I am simply passing the info on, contact Bk directly for more info…

New additions, from around September…

Rough Wear 1671-P
Rough Wear 18091
Rough Wear 16159
Rough Wear 1401-P
Star Sportswear 28557 (This is already offered, no?)
Cable Raincoat 23382
No Name 27553 (Cable Raincoat)
Perry Sportswear 23377
No Name 1756 (Perry Sportswear)
Aero Leather 21996-P
Aero Leather 15142-P
Dubow 20960
Dubow 23379

From around November/ December…
Werber 2951P
Werber 1729
Edmund T. Church M-422A
Monarch An-J-3A
Rough Wear B-3

And a Bronco A-2 is in the works.

Last edited:

Adama36

Lots of interesting stuff coming… I’d be very tempted to buy a jacket but, my experience with Bill Kelso left much to be desired.
The jackets are great, everything else is not.
1724167391268.png

mulceber

So I've been thinking more about this one and it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Most of the new offerings come from contractors that BK already has offerings from. But they're also contracts that would require new zipper offerings in order to do them justice.

How I worry this might go:
BK has a raft of new spec. label offerings and customers who order a Rough Wear will now get to decide whether the label says 1401-P or 27752. The news about the Star certainly points in that direction, because Star only had the one contract, and BK already makes it, but that one contract had two different spec. labels.

How I hope it could go:
BK has found a manufacturer that can offer crown zippers and Talon M-39s with the straight-bar pull. Maybe they even offer blackening, which would be VERY nice for their Monarch A-2. As a result, they're expanding their line-up, and will be offering these new contracts with the correct zippers and contract-specific patterns.

How I think it's most likely to go:
BK hasn't invested in any new zippers, but they've done their homework on the new patterns - Rough Wear's first contract will have it's unique pocket scalloping, it's second contract will be goatskin, Dubow 20960 will have it's Rough-Wear-esque collar, Werber's 1933 contract will have the reinforcement stitching by the knits, the inset collar hooks and the hookless zipper (possible because, IIRC, BK already offers hookless zippers). Customers will get a very accurate pattern and great leather, but zipper nerds will be disappointed.

All this is just speculation, based on zero evidence. But hey, speculation is fun.:)

Pilot

Time erases a lot apparently… but that fast?… amazing!

Capt

I have the BK LW 55j14, & m422 W&G both in 48R & I’m happy with the fit but both are a bit different but roomy in the shoulders. A G&F m422a sent back and a current Cable A2 still got both are 48R are like second skins, very very snug. If your body shape is sort of slim you have chance of a comfortable fit but if you have anything like broad frame ask about the sizes. what I don’t get is unless us older members who know what these jackets represent and have disposable income and understand how they make you feel when worn, how many jackets get sold in the smaller sizes at these prices and who is buying them. My wife says I look a tit in them & I agree but she has no idea what they mean.

B-Man2

I have the BK LW 55j14, & m422 W&G both in 48R & I’m happy with the fit but both are a bit different but roomy in the shoulders. A G&F m422a sent back and a current Cable A2 still got both are 48R are like second skins, very very snug. If your body shape is sort of slim you have chance of a comfortable fit but if you have anything like broad frame ask about the sizes. what I don’t get is unless us older members who know what these jackets represent and have disposable income and understand how they make you feel when worn, how many jackets get sold in the smaller sizes at these prices and who is buying them. My wife says I look a tit in them & I agree but she has no idea what they mean.
All of my wife’s friends think that guys wearing flight jackets look cool and sexy.
Here’s one of my wife’s friends .
Tell your wife that she may want to rethink the “Tit” thing or your coming to stay with me for while ;)

IMG_6336.gif

bellumbill

Sounds like a great lineup, but I will never order from BK again. After one year of waiting I finally packed it in and requested a refund. I wish their jacket service was as quick as their refund, which I received in 5 days. So, kudos to them for that at least - they gave me a prompt full refund. Good luck to all who order from them.
Best,
Bill K.

B-Man2

Sounds like a great lineup, but I will never order from BK again. After one year of waiting I finally packed it in and requested a refund. I wish their jacket service was as quick as their refund, which I received in 5 days. So, kudos to them for that at least - they gave me a prompt full refund. Good luck to all who order from them.
Best,
Bill K.
Seems like ordering from them is a hit or miss thing depending on ?????who knows what?? Just can’t run a business like that and hope to have a good customer base with repeat buyers.