• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(Asking help) Is this Avirex A-2 real or fake?

Aixoise

Hello.
I've been wanting to buy a nice genuine leather jacket for a while.
I came across this leather jacket from the vintage shop and was wondering if this is real.

I looked up a lot of pictures and I found out that this one does not have the small patch thingy that says "AVIREX LTD" on the left chest area. Considering the inside of the jacket was quite faded, I assumed it's not in the best condition and maybe the patch fell off at some point but I'm not sure. Maybe it's fake.
The owner said they went to a professional leather cleaning place and cleaned the leather and that's why the overall leather is very nicely washed.

I love the design but it's pretty expensive so I want to know if this is a real one.
I couldn't figure it out by myself then I found this website with many leather jacket connoisseurs : D

If anyone knows anything, please help me. I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks in advance:)))

Attachments

• IMG_2618.jpeg
    IMG_2618.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2619.jpeg
    IMG_2619.jpeg
    453.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2621.jpeg
    IMG_2621.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2620.jpeg
    IMG_2620.jpeg
    522.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Jtrob

Looks like what many on the forum you call a “mall jacket”. I’m sure it’s solidly made with good materials, Avirex produces decent quality.
just my 2 cents, there are much better judges of these things on the forum, trust they will weigh in

bseal

Hello.
I've been wanting to buy a nice genuine leather jacket for a while.
I came across this leather jacket from the vintage shop and was wondering if this is real.

I looked up a lot of pictures and I found out that this one does not have the small patch thingy that says "AVIREX LTD" on the left chest area. Considering the inside of the jacket was quite faded, I assumed it's not in the best condition and maybe the patch fell off at some point but I'm not sure. Maybe it's fake.
The owner said they went to a professional leather cleaning place and cleaned the leather and that's why the overall leather is very nicely washed.

I love the design but it's pretty expensive so I want to know if this is a real one.
I couldn't figure it out by myself then I found this website with many leather jacket connoisseurs : D

If anyone knows anything, please help me. I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks in advance:)))
Very real, please do not pay more than $194.65 for it. Work’em down on the price.

B-Man2

It’s a commercially made jacket by Avirex that was made in the 1980’s for the masses who thought that a “Bomber Jacket “ looked cool.
In fact it’s a very loose interpretation of a WWII A2 flight jacket. By the standards that manufacturers use today to replicate WWII A2 jackets , this jacket would not be something that would be a desirable jacket to own . Not trying to be smug or pompous about it, but just passing on information .
If you now own it … wear the piss out of it and enjoy beating it up .
Regards
BTW Avirex never made an actual WII issued A2 jacket. It’s all BS put out by Avirex. They did however have a contract to make USAF flight jackets in the 1990s when the new A2 jackets were once again manufactured and issued to the Air Force.

Members online

Latest posts