• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A2 Deck Jacket Submarine Service

Thomas Koehle

Even though the A2 deck jackets are not as fancy as the early N1 versions i still think they're part of the history and for me they have an "collectable" status.

The first A2 i got was a "sidebuy" and part of a lot of USN gear i won on EBAY. That was about 12 yrs ago ...

Meanwhile i managed to get hand on some of the more rare versions like early variants, special services aso.

Since i recently found another jacket previously in service on a submarine i want to introduce my sub-jackets.

STMI1MX.jpg

The jackets saw service on the USS JAMES MONROE, USS POGY and USS POMODON.

2 of the jackets are from fellow forum members - the POMODON was a EBAY find.

XkcAwVb.jpg

USS POGY and USS POMODON are early A2 variants which is indicated by the triangular pocketflaps. Timeframe is VIETNAM war ...
Both jackets came fully patched - the patch on the JAMES MONROE was added by me - indicator for the service on a sub on this particular jacket is the original stencil on the back

bZK6aHQ.jpg

All jackets are size "L" (42-44) and in pretty good condition.

Anyone of you guys wants to get rid of an A2 pls let me know ...

Cheers
Thomas