• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and Everything A-1

zoomer

2473455137_025a0fcbe9.jpg

bseal

Doug C said:
Wow, that warehouse jacket sure has alot of buttons, 6 down the main body as opposed to the normal 5, then the two at the waist band area - they should have used snaps there. Actually I now prefer the snaps at the bottom on any of them.. it's too tight of an area for buttons. I like it's leather though. Too bad about the missing collar buttons and loops, they're part of the mistique :oops: .
bseal, that's a sweet jacket.. how 'bout some more pics of it? Show off those flaps a little better.

Doug C
I've seen photos of A-1s with six buttons. More pics of my Aero A-1 are littering page 12. Welcome back Doug.

Doug C

Nice! And I had seen those already but didn't put it together whos and which it was. I notice that airfrogs Aero didn't have leather behind the button holes and yours does - which way is their default?

Doug C

zoomer

Hey, A-1s were even less standardized than A-2s. Altho we've yet to get a straight answer on how many leathers originals were made of, or in how many colors.

Doug C

Hey does anyone know what knits Lost-Worlds uses? Specifically on their A1 collar..I know most everyone (and probably every company) uses the waistband knits. But the point is, the collar on the LW A1 I had seemed different than any of the other A1s that I've owned. All the other collars were obviously waistband knit - but the LW knits seemed alot coarser, stiffer, rougher, less refined, more wool like - but in a good way. Do you think the soft knits of these other repos will get this way with time or is it a matter of being a different wool knit? You can get a feel for it in this picture of Alain De Cadenet, wearing his LW A1..it seems just like what I remember mine being. Bseal, do you have any good pictures of that old jacket by chance?

Doug C

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Doug C said:
.... the collar on the LW A1 I had seemed different than any of the other A1s that I've owned. All the other collars were obviously waistband knit - but the LW knits seemed alot coarser, stiffer, rougher, less refined, more wool like - but in a good way.

Here's a LW collar, looks just like the others. My Few A-1 matches the waistband, and is stiff enough, as well as being comfortable.

LWCIMG3051.jpg

bseal

Doug C said:
Hey does anyone know what knits Lost-Worlds uses? Specifically on their A1 collar..I know most everyone (and probably every company) uses the waistband knits. But the point is, the collar on the LW A1 I had seemed different than any of the other A1s that I've owned. All the other collars were obviously waistband knit - but the LW knits seemed alot coarser, stiffer, rougher, less refined, more wool like - but in a good way. Do you think the soft knits of these other repos will get this way with time or is it a matter of being a different wool knit? You can get a feel for it in this picture of Alain De Cadenet, wearing his LW A1..it seems just like what I remember mine being. Bseal, do you have any good pictures of that old jacket by chance?

Doug C

More Alain's A-1 on page 6.

156.jpg

143.jpg

152.jpg

Doug C

thanks for the pics Bseal, those pocket flaps were cooler than I remembered. Maybe the knits thing is just my imagination - but most of them feel too soft to me now (does everyone use merino wool?).

Bevan, I agree that's a great lookin' A1... the Few equals horsehide, right?

Doug C

Doug C said:
Bevan, I agree that's a great lookin' A1... the Few equals horsehide, right?

Doug C

Thanks Doug.

Mine is 1.1mm HH, from a roll of 10 yr old Joe McCoy HH I found while stooging around upstairs at RMNZ late 2006.

BEVAN