• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G-1 7823 AER MONARCH MFG. CO . (pictures needed)

dr.zak

have a good day every one ..
if any one among the members of this forum owns a MONARCH G-1 jacket please share its pictures here...
very eager for seeing as much pictures as possible...

Best Regards .

Jaydee

Here you are my friend. This is a 1950's Monarch (AER) that I had for a short time. This one was a bit too much for me to repair, so I had to sell it.
mnfront-1.jpg

mnback-1.jpg

mncollar-1.jpg

dr.zak

thanks friend...

although of its bad condition but still retains its almightiness :)

we do have a famous quote here in Egypt it says " The rose dies but still scents" ..

thanks for caring friend ...

Grant

Here's another photo of a 7823 Monarch. This sz. 42 has nice thick goatskin but is still very soft and pliable. Grant
Monarchfront.jpg

dr.zak

Grant said:
Here's another photo of a 7823 Monarch. This sz. 42 has nice thick goatskin but is still very soft and pliable. Grant
Monarchfront.jpg

SUPERRR thanks for your efforts friend ..
guess i have passed by that auction before ...

can you share its measures according to your dimensions ...?i mean just how it was going with you according to your dimensions .
im pretty confused concerning monarchs measures and i just want to know what size shall i probably seek ..

best regards .

Grant

Sorry, the Monarch is in winter storage and not easily assessible so I can't take measurements. I did used to own a sz. 42 RMNZ M-422a and that fit me in the shoulders, and chest very much like the 7823 Monarch.

Hope that helps,
Grant

kevlarg

Question for you folks. I recently bought a beat up jacket from Ebay that the tag was missing from the liner. I thought it was an M-422a because the pockets were assymetrical on the front and well they have that little pointy dip on the flap. I now see that the jackets you are posting here also have that style of pocket. Perhaps my jacket is a G-1? The pencil pocket that is larger doesn't have that vertical stitch line that I have seen on other 422's. Thoughts?

Jaydee

kevlarg said:
Question for you folks. I recently bought a beat up jacket from Ebay that the tag was missing from the liner. I thought it was an M-422a because the pockets were assymetrical on the front and well they have that little pointy dip on the flap. I now see that the jackets you are posting here also have that style of pocket. Perhaps my jacket is a G-1? The pencil pocket that is larger doesn't have that vertical stitch line that I have seen on other 422's. Thoughts?

Sounds like a 1950's G-1 to me. Post this question in a new topic with a few pics, and you may get some additional input on this.
-Jay

Grant

Vertical stitch lines on the pockets or assymetrical pockets have nothing to do with whether it's an M-422, M-422a or G-1. Here's a photo of an M-422 just to illustrate. Grant
M422front.jpg

airfrogusmc

Grant that W&G has gotta be my favorite WWII era Navy jacket and the mouton is just incredible and its in like new condition.... What a beauty...

kevlarg

Grant said:
Vertical stitch lines on the pockets or assymetrical pockets have nothing to do with whether it's an M-422, M-422a or G-1. Here's a photo of an M-422 just to illustrate. Grant
M422front.jpg

Nice jacket!

So basically without the tag I only have a mystery on my hands. there was a small "a.f." stamped inside the map pocket. Also there was a "US" stenciled or stamped under the collar in black.

Here is the thread where I introduced this jacket.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=806

Chandler

kevlarg said:
Also there was a "US" stenciled or stamped under the collar in black.

Sounds like it was an AN-J, the in-between of the M-422a and the G-1. Stencil on the back being the clue.

Chandler

Grant

The US stencil under the collar is a good clue that it's either an AN-J-3a or AN6552.
Here are some of the different makers that had contracts:
H&L BLOCK
MONARCH MFG. CO.
ARNOFF MFG. CO.
GORDON & FERGUSON
BURJAC SPORTSWEAR
AMERICAN SPORTSWEAR
WILLIS & GEIGER
BOGEN & TENENBAUM
L.W. FOSTER SPORTSWEAR

Hope that helps!

kevlarg

Grant said:
The US stencil under the collar is a good clue that it's either an AN-J-3a or AN6552.
Here are some of the different makers that had contracts:
H&L BLOCK
MONARCH MFG. CO.
ARNOFF MFG. CO.
GORDON & FERGUSON
BURJAC SPORTSWEAR
AMERICAN SPORTSWEAR
WILLIS & GEIGER
BOGEN & TENENBAUM
L.W. FOSTER SPORTSWEAR

Hope that helps!

Thanks Grant!

delta102uk

dr.zak said:
if any one among the members of this forum owns a MONARCH G-1 jacket please share its pictures here...

Best Regards .

...Been away for a while and just catching up on various topics...here's a pic of my size 44" Monarch...one of my favourite jackets!!....

Picture739.jpg

Picture748.jpg

Sean K

dr.zak

delta102uk said:
dr.zak said:

Best Regards .

...Been away for a while and just catching up on various topics...here's a pic of my size 44" Monarch...one of my favourite jackets!!....

Picture739.jpg

Picture748.jpg

Sean K

what a great find , what about how it fits i heard many rumors than monarchs are very out of modern built fitting .