• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Few '33 Werber A-2

I took delivery of this jacket with the A-1 3 weeks ago, fair to say it's seen some action since, exchange of bodily fliuds, too much vodka,waking up in strange hotels in Macau, saving the world, that sort of tiring stuff.

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

Bevan.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bristolherc said:
... it's seen some action since, exchange of bodily fliuds, too much vodka,waking up in strange hotels in Macau, saving the world, that sort of tiring stuff.

Isn't it customary to first remove the jacket, before commencing some of these activities? :shock:

I saw the Werber again today .... unbelievable. I can feel another trip to Christchurch coming on.

John Lever

Is that the mid- brown HH with the orange base you sent me ?
I know you really wear your jackets, but what will it look like in 5 years time !!??

greyhound52

Bevan,
You want to break in my new HH Doniger? Still really like the Aero I got from you. Looks a lot like the Werber in color of the leather and knits and same zipper. Yup that fantail talon is very nice.

CBI

Wow - great looking jacket - really. I have to wonder about the terrific looking wear after just 3 weeks? Do you work at a sandpaper factory? Hey, the jacket looks REALLY COOL but is there any finish remaining on the jacket after 1 year? ;)

I remember you posted a very worn jacket last year that had had just a few months of wear. How regulalry do you go through jackets? I guess you can sell "The Few" on the Bay and recoup half or more of your money to buy a new jacket?

Again - very impressive but curious!

Roughwear

This Werber is awesome. It resembles a jacket which has had USAAF depot treatment and the newer dye is wearing through. All the original '33 Werbers I have seen were a russet rather than a seal finish.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
... All the original '33 Werbers I have seen were a russet rather than a seal finish.

Exactly, and isn't that the beauty of the repro .... you can have the reenactor's clone of an original, or order it any way you want.

Just like the other jackets Bevan posted, the 55J14, for example was never originally made in HH, but what a superb result.

greyhound52

CBI said:
Wow - great looking jacket - really. I have to wonder about the terrific looking wear after just 3 weeks? Do you work at a sandpaper factory? Hey, the jacket looks REALLY COOL but is there any finish remaining on the jacket after 1 year? ;)

I remember you posted a very worn jacket last year that had had just a few months of wear. How regulalry do you go through jackets? I guess you can sell "The Few" on the Bay and recoup half or more of your money to buy a new jacket?

Here you go. Here is the 38 Aero that used to belong to Bevan after a little over a year. Sweet huh?

P1020299.jpg

Andrew said:
Aside from the obvious stuff, interesting knit colour.

Yeah, they have few options for knits, I thought this colour would tone in nicely with the hide once the top coat shows some wear.
I also spec'd them as the knits on my M444,

Bevan.

Grant said:
Great photos Bevan, thanks for posting. I really like the fantail Talon zip.

Thanks Grant, The # 7 zip with the riveted ends and this slider is a cool zip, kinda sets the jacket apart.

Bevan.

CBI said:

Thanks. This is the fourth jacket I've had in a similarly finished hide. I still have the B-2 in a lighter brown hide, (def. NOT for sale!!).
My experience has been that the top coat shows rapid initial wear and then just settles down. The undercoat on this jacket in particular seems to burnish off nicely to a rich russet colour.

George has the jacket you refer to.

This jacket is a similar boxy fit in the body, though I added 1/2" to the length, and the sleeves are longer...I'm rapt with it.

Bevan.

Falcon_52

John Lever said:
From the photos I think we all agree that choice of materials is preferable to any time worn type effects.

Exactly right! I couldn't have said it better. :)

Noel

Andrew

bristolherc said:
Andrew said:
Aside from the obvious stuff, interesting knit colour.

Yeah, they have few options for knits, I thought this colour would tone in nicely with the hide once the top coat shows some wear.
I also spec'd them as the knits on my M444,

Bevan.
It certainly is a great look.

Bevan, we are the same size too, just wish I could afford your castoffs :cry: