• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCPS CWU-106 for sale on ebay

deand

Best flight jacket ever made, hands down... Aside from the lack of style that ignores an esteemed flight jacket heritage. For me, not hands, but thumbs down.

dean

USMC_GAU-21

Maybe a "butt ugly" jacket but it is practical and the new gear issued these days. Being a helicopter guy and having to stand outside to turn the airplane up with the pilots inside dry and warm I would have loved to have Gortex/Nomex mix flight gear. CWU-36/45 get wet and stay wet. And then you are miserable the whole flight.

Some us flew with doors and windows open at all times....hot - cold - rain etc.....

In 20 years it will be the "collectible" thing to have..... :lol:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years too btw!

/r/Dan

watchmanjimg

HackerF15E said:
Heritage style isn't -- and shouldn't -- be a consideration for flight clothing.

You make a valid point as it pertains to actual working gear, as does Gunny Dan. Back in the day my Gore-Tex ECWCS parka kept me much warmer and drier than the M-65 I was issued. However, aesthetics, character, and history are far more important to the average VLJ member than function, and the fact remains that the CWU-106 is UGLY.

PS: I'd still own one if the price was right. :D

USMC_GAU-21

Jim,

You are right VLJ is about that classic style. I had the two piece flight suit and gortex CWU-106 issued right before I retired in '08 it was good piece of kit. I think I still have the test articles we wore at Pax River. I will dig them out and shoot some pics. They are Large-Regular, too small for me. I'll shoot you a PM.

/r/Gy Dan