• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best B-10 repro?

sparidon

Guys,
In your opinion, who makes the best B-10 repro? I am looking at ELC, or Buzz. I'm looking for a size 46. Thanks.

Seth

greyhound52

I like and have owned both including a Real McCoys Japan model. I like them all and think you could not go wrong with any of them.

Hawkeye

If you can find a Real McCoys Japan jacket go with that. The Buzz and ELC jackets are both good choices as well, neither has any major drawbacks in my opinion.

B-Man2

If you have any interest in a WPG size 46 thats new with the tag and never worn. I have one that I would let go for a very reasonable price. You can PM me if your interested.

Regards
B-Man2

ties70

I had an 48" AERO B-10 first, which had the typical problem: It featured the typical short body measurements and ended at the top of my belt (though an extra inch was added).

Second came an ELC in 46" which was one of their first production run models...

front.jpg

label.jpg

It was a nice jacket, but ended up on Ebay, because it was really trim.

I then somehow got the feeling that the B-10 pattern was simply not the correct fit for me, and started to look for a jacket from the "cheaper" manufacturers (ATF....). Though their patterns might be off regarding authenticity, I might fit into their stuff....but in the end I didn't want to spent the money on fake alpaca....

Then, finally: I contacted Paddy Curral from RMNZ and asked her about a B-10 from THE FEW collection, as they supplied some jackets for George Lucas' RED TAILS movie....and BINGO!

few_1.jpg

This is the best B-10 repro for me. If they still have some of these left (and I remember that the jackets were mainly "46, with lots of room (I usually have to get a "50 in RMNZ and a "48 for all other makers), you should try to grab one!!

Ties

Weasel_Loader

Looks nice Ties. The FEW prices scare me though. :?

BTW, I had a ELC B-10 and thought it was a very nice replication, but didn't like the fact I had to wear long sleeves with it. Very itchy. :roll:

ties70

Weasel_Loader said:
Looks nice Ties. The FEW prices scare me though. :?

BTW, I had a ELC B-10 and thought it was a very nice replication, but didn't like the fact I had to wear long sleeves with it. Very itchy. :roll:

I know what you mean re. their prices. As the jacket was an unused film prop, that had been shipped around the globe once, Paddy sold it as a 2nd hand item...the price was very reasonable (750 NZD). That's what you would have to spend on a Buzz B-10 from Historypreservation.com...

If she still has one of these, get it!

Ties

sparidon

Thanks for all the opinions guys. I'll look into the RMNZ as well as teh Buzz. I think I might stay away from the ELC as I don't care for how their knits hold up, or lack thereof.

Roughwear

I have owned various repro and original B-10s. The most accurate B-10 IMO is the RW version produced by ELC. Mine is around two years old and there are no issues with it. The knits are fine and not flimsy like on some of their recent A2s. The price is also very competitive too. :)

Grant

I agree, the recent ELC RW B-10 is an exceptional reproduction. I've owned original Rough Wear B-10's and it's pretty darn close. As for the itchy alpaca lining, if you've ever worn an original B-10, B-15, B-15a or N-1 you know the alpaca can drive you nuts not wearing long sleeves. The knits on both of my ELC B-10's are holding up quite well.

TankBuster

Grant said:
I agree, the recent ELC RW B-10 is an exceptional reproduction. I've owned original Rough Wear B-10's and it's pretty darn close. As for the itchy alpaca lining, if you've ever worn an original B-10, B-15, B-15a or N-1 you know the alpaca can drive you nuts not wearing long sleeves. The knits on both of my ELC B-10's are holding up quite well.

Well said, and I agree on all mentioned above. ELC RW B-10 is the best in my opinion. I've owned all the others. My originals itch with short sleeves as well but honestly I never wear a B-10 with short sleeves to begin with since it is more of a cold weather jacket.

sparidon

I've seen many a real B-10, and by what I have read the ELC is the best repop out there. I'll take you guys word on the knits and probably give HPC a call tomorrow or Wednesday.

stanier

ELC is certainly lovely and very nice.

I've got a Buzz Rickson Superior Togs B-10 and it's on of my favourite jackets. I really like the rust red knits and the contrast with the rest of the jacket. It's nice to be a bit different.

Cheers

sparidon

I went ahead and got the Buzz Roughwear from HPA here in the states. It came in today and is a very, very nice jacket. I'll post some pics soon. Thanks guys.