• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frankie went to Hollywood and Jimmy went to Washington DC

A

Anonymous

wearing his Bill Kelso Monarch

jamescoburn.jpg

Apologies to our friend who lend his photo, we had to succumb.

Just to let you know the Monarch pattern is ready long time now, so can start making as soon as the new leathers get in.

Persimmon

Re: Frankie went to Hollywood and Jimmy went to Washington D

PLATON said:
wearing his Bill Kelso Monarch

jamescoburn.jpg

Apologies to our friend who lend his photo, we had to succumb.

Just to let you know the Monarch pattern is ready long time now, so can start making as soon as the new leathers get in.

Get that shirt tucked in !!
I don't care if you are a super tough guy James.
Rules are rules.....

A

Anonymous

absolutely no comments on the looks of the BK Monarch

Persimmon

PLATON said:
absolutely no comments on the looks of the BK Monarch

The collar looks a trifle big to me.
It may be a trait of the Monarch in certain pictures I have seen but just not my favourite look

I like the length of it (wish that shirt was tucked in though)

bretron

This be me... And my "test" monarch...

bretron

Persimmon said:
Get that shirt tucked in !!
I don't care if you are a super tough guy James.
Rules are rules.....

Haha- thx, Dad :lol: :lol:

Persimmon

bretron said:
This be me... And my "test" monarch...

Well your the man to answer Platon's plea for thoughts on the Monarch then.

Looks a very good fit on you

bretron

IMO this jacket is very accurate with the exception of the knits and hardware: mine is fitted with a vintage inspired Ideal zipper (repro Talon would have been ore "ideal"), has ring snaps r/t ball snaps, and the knits are not as thick as other a2s I've had. I am pretty sure the production run jackets will have correct hardware for this contract, but not so sure about the knits.

BK nailed the collar, cut, pockets, sleeves, and tags. I don't have enough chops to confirm the monarch stitch was done correctly, but I don't really care :) for the price I paid, I can't be too picky :D

Unfortunately for me, this particular jacket has a problem with the hide. About a month after owning it, in certain lighting I noticed these straight lines in the leather that looked like ink. I assumed it was part of the production or something, and inquired with Andy, who said it was te result of the tanning/dying process... It's not terribly noticeable but I wouldnt want to pay big bucks for a jacket to have this problem again... I write it off as being a "test" jacket issue, and Andy has been kind enough to offer me a generous discount on my next Kelso, so I am satisfied.

I'll post some pics here soon... And ill be sure to tuck in my shirt;)

A

Anonymous

How about a free nose art on the back of your jacket?
sure it will make "the problem" less noticeable

what jackets you had with thicker knits?

bretron

Subject: Frankie went to Hollywood and Jimmy went to Washington DC

PLATON said:
How about a free nose art on the back of your jacket?
sure it will make "the problem" less noticeable

what jackets you had with thicker knits?

Pls don't confuse any of this with reference to me not being totally satisfied with the bk product. I think these jackets can't be beat for the pricepoint. And I have to agree with you on the tightness of the weave on your knits vs some others I've handled (which is a few, but not nearly as many as 99% of fellas here). They seem to hold up well, and aren't as bulky/scratchy. Buy of course, they're 100% wool ;)

Btw I like your idea on nose art ;) my other idea is to throw some paint on it or something... Beat it up some more.