• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket Maker Portraits

m444uk

Hiroyuki Maeda, Lewis leathers London pattern cutter, on his Triumph.
lewis.jpg

Hitoshi Tsujimoto owner Real McCoy's Japan wearing Lewis jacket.
mccoy.jpg

Gary Eastman, professional Steve McQueen lookalike. Very cool photo.
eastman.jpg

All scans from the very excellent Men's File magazine. Current issue available from
Eastman and other quality men's outfitters.

Dr H

Now, if Gary could get 'Timeworn' like the jacket in the last image he'd have my business... :)

watchmanjimg

dmar836 said:

Actually, that looks closest to an M1943 field cap although I'm not sure it's original. The Ridgway cap was in fact a commercial variant of the M1951 field cap intended mainly for garrison use, with a blocked "coffee can" appearance achieved through the use of inner stiffeners.

dmar836

Jim might be correct but I thought the M-51 had the grommets.
Google the M-1943, etc and there are some inexpensive($16.95) replicas out there.
Dave

joeson

Peter Graham said:
joeson said:
David Himmel,who makes premium quality leather jackets in Canada.
He has a great blog here http://www.himelbrothersleather.com/ and I am in the process of having a jacket made as we speak.
Which one ? Some lovely bike jackets in his store. He must do a lot of his business in Japan. They are mostly small sizes.

Jackets are bespoke......I am having the Heron model made in horsehide.Tried one on at Inspiration,they are mustard!

Peter Graham

joeson said:
Jackets are bespoke......I am having the Heron model made in horsehide.Tried one on at Inspiration,they are mustard!
Good choice. Beautiful, classic, functional design. Please post pics when you get it.

rich

Dr H said:
Now, if Gary could get 'Timeworn' like the jacket in the last image he'd have my business... :)

Hmmmm, Gary's looking a bit timeworn himself in that picture - I'm not so sure it's him! It's a stunning jacket though.