• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ENGLISH MADE A-2 FLIGHT JACKET- STUDIO MARKED!!

atkins

Might this be it?
4817783281_299f1a9912.jpg

johnwayne

Most odd!! Can't think of a film with a character of that name or ever seeing that poor A2 on the film or TV, the latter the most likely suspect for its use I'd guess. A Google search ineveitably turns up Fullerton in sunny CA but nothing for Benton Bros in Kent!! Someone here will do a 'Sherlock Holmes' and provide the answers no doubt - not that any of us would buy the jacket, would we?

Cheers
Wayne

A

Anonymous

THE POCKETS LOOK AVIREX, BUT THE EPP'S, ROUNDED COLLAR, AND WIDE PLACKET DO NOT.

Roughwear

chitchat said:
THE POCKETS LOOK AVIREX, BUT THE EPP'S, ROUNDED COLLAR, AND WIDE PLACKET DO NOT.

I used to own an early one which was identical to this jacket in terms of the collar shape, eps, pockets, stitch line in the middle of the collar etc. Avirex A2s varied in their characteristics.

Silver Dollar

I went nuts over that Hanover Street jacket Ford was wearing when thee movie came out. It was the first time I saw a short wing 8th AF patch and it took me a number of attempts to get the ones I made to look like that one.