• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Girlies nylon......jacket, B17B

Atticus

Scovill paperclip zipper....My guess is from the late sixties to the early eighties. But I have to admit that I've not seen one of these jackets before.

AF

ghq1

Well . .the FSN (Federal Stock Number) was used from 1949 to 1975 when it was replaced by the National Stock Number . . so at least you've got a date range :mrgreen:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Nurse's jacket ... they are supposed to be contemporary with the B-15D, so they originated in the early 50's.

With the Scovill, though it doesn't look like a paper clip, I guess they weren't replaced, and had a much longer production period.

Suit Up illustrates the B-17, and B-17B .... here's another B-17B at MASH.

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... n%26sa%3DG

Atticus

deeb7 said:
With the Scovill, though it doesn't look like a paper clip, I guess they weren't replaced, and had a much longer production period.
You're right, it is indeed not a paperclip. I must have suffered momentary disconnect between what my eyes were seein' and my fingers were typin'.

I was toying with the idea of bidding on the jacket for Jackie....being that she is a nurse and is former military. Trouble is...she never wears the other jackets I've bought her, so I've no reason to think that she would wear this one.

AF

Swing

Atticus said:
deeb7 said:
I was toying with the idea of bidding on the jacket for Jackie....being that she is a nurse and is former military. Trouble is...she never wears the other jackets I've bought her, so I've no reason to think that she would wear this one.

Now yur learnin' ;)

~Swing