Your Opinions Please

Discussion in 'eBay / Auction Talk' started by B-Man2, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Ken at Aero Leather

Ken at Aero Leather Active Member

That makes me even more certain that it's a later re-coat, I've yet to see a period USAAF re-coat that was done particularily neatly and I've never seen the inside of the pockets done either.

2. Ken at Aero Leather

Ken at Aero Leather Active Member

If you are going to replace the knit anyway why not unpick a bit of the waistband to see what colour the selvedge is, if it's the same colour as the exterior then it was done before the new knit was fitted.
    If the colour is different then you'll know what is under the coating........either way it's a win-win situation

B-Man2 likes this.
  3. B-Man2

B-Man2 Active Member

IMG_6284.JPG IMG_6271.JPG IMG_6273.JPG IMG_6283.JPG IMG_6281.JPG IMG_6259.JPG IMG_6265.JPG IMG_6269.JPG IMG_6272.JPG IMG_6276.JPG

Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond and for sharing your insight and knowledge. (Ken and Andrew (Roughwear ) thank you). While taking the photos of the label it became glaringly oblivious that the coat hanger over the label was the original color of the jacket. (Duh!)
    No need to go any farther I now know (to a lesser degree )what's under the coating barring any major color damage. I'm posting a few photos of the jacket in normal daylight and inside light. I've decided that while the reward for striping the jacket might be great, I really don't feel confident that I would do more good than harm to an 80 year old artifact. So I'm moving past it and with Kens approval will ship the jacket off to Aero to change out the knits . Once again I welcome all comments positive or negative as I'm learning as I go here.
    Thanks again to all

PS Just looked at my crappy photos, need to work on that as well.:confused:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:25 AM
  4. Steve27752

Steve27752 Well-Known Member

A lovely A-2 I am looking forward to seeing it with the new knits.

B-Man2 likes this.