• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your favorite Aero contract

A

Anonymous

Meaning the original Aeros.

What is your favorite contract and why?
You would buy a repro of this contract if you saw what?

Roughwear

Having owned originals from all but two Aero contracts, my favourite is the 1941 AC 21996 contract. I find the dark seal finish/berry knit and Crown zip combination very pleasing. The jacket is a sharp design as this size 46 example in my collection:

Roughwear

PaulGT3 said:
looks like my Dubow From Good wear with the red or berry knits but in goat

Paul, look closely at the pockets and the collar and you will see how different they are from your Dubow. This jacket was most likely made from steer hide and dates to the autumn of 1941. ;)

Silver Surfer

ive had many aeros, and still have three. i assume that platons interest is in reproducing another aero, so my pick would be either the 38-1711 contract or the nearly impossible to find 37-3061-p contract. neither have been reproduced properly, if at all. both were fitted with talon pin lock fan tail zippers. both are narrower [like werbers] then what most of us expect from an aero a-2, but that makes for a a more fitted look. details of both contracts are in garys book.

Roughwear

If BK are going to make either of the first two Aeros they would need to pattern from an original. Obtaining originals of these two contracts would be a challenge, but not impossible.

Peter Graham

PLATON said:
Meaning the original Aeros.

What is your favorite contract and why?
You would buy a repro of this contract if you saw what?

It must be the B-6 contract AC 14564. I'm not sure if that contract number is correct as I don't own the jacket any more and the photo I took of the label is rubbish. The reason is because it's the classic B-6 contract. Redskin finish and beautiful triple marked Talons all round. I might buy a repro of this contract if I saw the correct triple marked Talons and the very subdued redskin finish, but probably not.