• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your 2nd favourite jacket

coalman

Hi everyone,

Ok you have just purchased your long awaited flight jacket and the supplier say's to you " your our 1000 th customer and would like to invite you to choose another jacket free of charge"

So what would your choice be and why :D

Roughwear

This is a hypothetical question! Depends on the maker and the range of jackets available. This is really your favourite (or second favourite) jacket thread in a different guise. I'm hoping it wont develop into another pointless ELC v. GW thread.

coalman

This thread was just for a little bit of light heartedness :D ..bit like what would you do if you won the lottery type of question :lol: ..at no point have I asked for or mentioned any particular supplier or company or for any opinion on any particular jacket.

Roughwear

coalman said:
This thread was just for a little bit of light heartedness :D ..bit like what would you do if you won the lottery type of question :lol: ..at no point have I asked for or mentioned any particular supplier or company or for any opinion on any particular jacket.

I'm glad it is intended to be light-hearted. It's the sort of question new members ask on forums from time to time.

However is it not hard to answer properly without mentioning a maker or a type of jacket? I guess you could say I would go for a jacket made from sheepskin, horsehide or goatskin, plastic, cloth, nylon etc......... :lol:

Vcruiser

Jeeze..lighten up. That's exactly what senicko used to do to a new member. Making sure to piont out what he though was the sillyness of a newbie's question. There's absolutely nothing wrong with such a question....or to mention a makers name for that matter,IMHO.
I'd probably take a GW Dubow,Coalman. Always liked that contract...and JC has some nice hides and knits for this model.

Van
BTW..Welcome to the VLJ..!

asiamiles

Vcruiser said:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with such a question.
I agree, and it did seem a bit of an unnecessary response from Andrew. Obviously it was a hypothetical question, and all it required was for people to give it a little and come up with an answer. Off the top of my head, hard to say, because there are so many wonderful jackets out there...probably one of those 40's style D.Lewis jackets, the Countryman or Lumber jacket. I'm not sure they would be my second favourite, more likely one would occupy first position, though we never quite know until we get to wear them.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Vcruiser said:
I'd probably take a GW Dubow,Coalman. Always liked that contract...and JC has some nice hides and knits for this model.

Yep ... I'd be pretty happy with that. :cool:

Andrew

deeb7 said:
Vcruiser said:

Yep ... I'd be pretty happy with that. :cool:
Me too, even though it's also my first as well.

dujardin

for me, a copy of this A1

no importance the maker, no importance the contract....
i just wish her in goat, with ''tricotinnes'' light brown (or maybe light red)

BTNueTQBmkKGrHgoH-EEEjlLlLvtBKHSSp72MQ_3.jpg

byeeeee
marcel

paley

:?: wow which one??? schott vintage585 for general wear,lewis leathers corsair in brown for riding, lostworlds riggers for work,second thoughts i would take all three :D cheers...