• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yikes! What the hell is this?

Roughwear

Custom made in a single copy from very strong buffalo leather.
By hands of masters with more than 20 years of experience.
The highest quality in Europe! And throughout the world, probably...
Very rare product.

It's obviously very rare because no one wants to buy one! :lol:

SuinBruin

Good gawd. I can't believe someone actually bought one of those things.

P.S. A few more tags on the lining might help. :lol:

dmar836

The guy modeling it has that, "Hey, did you say something about my jacket!?" look about him.
I would tread lightly!

Dave

joeson

If you check is other items he also does an M-65,G-1 and an A-2 with a really neat collar................something for everyone.

A

Anonymous

They make various kinds of jackets and apparently they are from Ukraine.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/dikasoff/m.html ... 4340.l2562

I am sorry to read your sarcastic comments and don't find it very noble to laugh at others just because they don't have either the good taste or the ability to make good jackets (as we perceive them to be).

ButteMT61

PLATON said:

I am sorry to read your sarcastic comments and don't find it very noble to laugh at others just because they don't have either the good taste or the ability to make good jackets (as we perceive them to be).

I agree. Some here have developed a real off-putting attitude (snobbery). Might explain why there's about 20 people posting...
I think we can all laugh at the neon green Schott "G-1", but these guys are just trying to make a living. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Seems better than offering up a perfect zipper and nothing else.

Roughwear

I have no problem with people making military style jackets and selling them as such. But I do object to this maker using the G&F label on a jacket which does not even closely resemble an original naval flight jacket from this highly respected Wartime maker.

If sarcasm and jokes puts people off posting that's a shame. Sometimes having a bit of fun here livens the place up a little.

ButteMT61

Roughwear said:
I have no problem with people making military style jackets and selling them as such. But I do object to this maker using the G&F label on a jacket which does not even closely resemble an original naval flight jacket from this highly respected Wartime maker.

If sarcasm and jokes puts people off posting that's a shame. Sometimes having a bit of fun here livens the place up a little.

Of course it does. But not everyone has the funds to acquire the best repros or vintage WWII era jackets. There have been many uses of vintage labels and contract names and designs. I think anyone who's really looking for the real deal will know this is not it, but no sense in people being pricks about it. Every hobby has this issue. I've seen it in watches, motorcycles, etc. etc. We all started somewhere, and it's usually not at the top...

SuinBruin

It's not question of mocking more affordable jacket options; you can get a much better jacket for less than this $420 piece of junk. It's about misleading advertising (is the jacket "vintage"? No. Is it an M-422A? No. Is it a G-1? No.) and the marketing of "fashion" by (mis)using original military specs and nomenclature.

I don't make fun of people who wear poor flight jacket replicas that are the best they can afford; not all of us have the means to enjoy Good Wear (or Eastman, or Kelso, or Aero, or G&B). I make fun of sellers who offer inferior products at inflated prices with blatantly misleading tags and ad copy. (JL Powell is one of the worst offenders in this regard and their target market is clearly those who can afford to drop $1k+ on a leather jacket.)

jschare

PLATON said:

I don't think we're laughing at others at all. In essence, we're laughing at ourselves for how anal we are. For most people, this jacket is more than enough. For us, it's not.

And I agree with Roughwear. If you're going to use a label such as G&F, then you should make it looks like a G&F otherwise it's false advertising. How many posts have there been on this forum where members have sent emails to ebay sellers correcting them on their description of the item being sold. This is no different that that.