• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWIIimpression Navy Denims..

Doug C

I was wondering if anyone here has bought any of the denim items from WWIIimpressions? I'm particularly interested in the Navy deck/chore jackets with the shawl collars. Nothing is said on the site if they feature the accurate removable buttons or what kind of buttons they have at all. I'm also wondering if they have the built in holes along the very bottom - those are for drawstrings right? Finally what's the denim itself like in terms of quality and or it's character of ageing. Any help would be appreciated.

Doug C

Tim P

I am happy as hell with the pants and chambray shirt I have from them. the denim fades steadily and is comfortable. I do not care for the shawl collar jacket myself so did not order it.

Doug C

Thanks for the input fellas, Tim does the denim come stiff and starched (if you can recall) and when you say it fades steadily can you expound on what you mean. Does the fade produce a contrast or generally an all over lighter color. Also can you comment on the sizeing, do they run true to label size and was there much shrinkage after a warm wash?
Watchman, do you know or can you remember if your friend's jacket has the removable buttons or not? Thanks again guys.

Doug C

Doug C

Yeah, I was affaid of that - but thanks for the info. I suppose it would have been a talking point in their description if they had been the removable type buttons. Either way I have some WWII removeable ones located already, just in case I decide to pull the trigger :cool: .
Doug C

Tim P

more of an overall fade than highlighted areas, I suspect that each will fade individually though. the blue it goes is a pleasing shade, i recall them being quite stiff but not cardboard when new.

Doug C

thanks, they sound pretty good to me... I suppose I'll try and pick up the jacket for sure and possibly the pants too as funds permit. If and when I do, I'll post some descent pictures here for sure. I've been wondering too about their WWII khakis - nobody ever posts pictures of the WWII-impr stuff for some reason, yet alot of people recommend them. Thanks again guys.
Doug C