• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII Impressions Service Boot

Bombing IP

They look nice and get good reviews on you tube . At The Front has paratrooper boots at half the price if that's your thing ,or you could get the shoemaker to cut the tops down (save some money) . The service boot version at At The Front is sold out because the maker has stopped making them the paratroop version is a little taller that's all same company style sole etc . I have the ATF service boot version and its been just fine no problems

BIP

Grant

WWII Impressions USMC boondocker's getting a lot of wear in hot humid NYC!
boots.jpg

CBI

cool - I have some from SM Wholesale and love them, they come pre-treated/oiled

Andrew

Are yours the more recent cord soled type @Grant ? I've been planning to get a pair of these for a couple of years now. I've got and wear a pair of the earlier plain soled Boondockers almost daily and I find that with these boots time is measured with the Geological time scale as they last for bloody ever and it takes Juan bloody ever to do another run! I shall post a shot of mine tomorrow. They would be about 5 years old and I resisted applying anything (certainly no danger of getting wet with snow here)..... Boots and style to last a lifetime

Grant

Hey Andrew, yes these are the recent corded sole/heel boondockers. When Juan first announced he was producing them, I jumped on the pre-order list. I think it took another six months before they finally arrived, but they're well worth the wait. I think he holds off until he has enough pre-orders to justify going into production, hence the long wait times.
Looking forward to seeing what yours look like!

Marv

I have a pair of the previous version and they are still going strong, excellent boots.

EmergencyIan

I was going to mention that in case WWII Impressions is sold out, ATF has USA made by HH Brown/Corcoran corded sole boonies (N1 Field Shoes), but alas their sold out in every size. Wow, popular boots. This is one case, with his U.S. made boots, where Roland really stepped up his game. I bought the Type II Service Shoes last summer, and there a real improvement over the basic Corcoran WWII type II service shoes that I bought about 5 or 6 years earlier.

- Ian

Greg Gale

Both of the above are in the US, and cost a lot without shipping already. I just found this one in the UK, looks alright, but I'm no expert:

https://www.epicmilitaria.com/american-service-shoes.html

Do you think it's good enough? Also, what's your experience with such service shoes? Are they comfy? I'm asking because I own a pair of brown Marten's, and they are super comfortable, not sure if it would be smart for me to buy another pair of boots - but I just love the look and color of these.

EmergencyIan

They’re comfortable, but once broken in, as you would probably expect. I’m not sure they’ll ever be as your Martens, however. I’ve owned the Corcorans which WWII Impressions sells and I currently own the US Made HH Brown/Corcoran version that ATF hade manufactured for them, with numerous tweaks toward a more authentic reproduction. Again, both were relatively comfortable once broken in. I live in NYC and put insoles in them because I have to do a lot of walking on concrete, but I do this with all of my shoes and boots, sans wingtips or a similar dress shoe.

- Ian

jack31916

Both of the above are in the US, and cost a lot without shipping already. I just found this one in the UK, looks alright, but I'm no expert:

https://www.epicmilitaria.com/american-service-shoes.html

Do you think it's good enough? Also, what's your experience with such service shoes? Are they comfy? I'm asking because I own a pair of brown Marten's, and they are super comfortable, not sure if it would be smart for me to buy another pair of boots - but I just love the look and color of these.

I wouldn't spend money on these. Look at the poor shape of the sole(s) and the whole appearance of these boots. I once had a pair of cheaper repro boots and they were wobbly, bad constructed. Didn't like them at all. Bought a pair of boondockers at At the Front and very happy with these. Better save some extra money and buy a pair of decent repro's.

For what it's worth...

Greg Gale

Thanks Jack! You're right about the appearance, the stitches are not straight either. So is ATF worth it, then?

Smithy

Greg, ATF stuff is excellent in my opinion, the quality of everything I have is top notch. The only thing which you'll probably get flattened with is the shipping, which is hefty. But I'll keep buying Rollin's stuff as it's just great.

EmergencyIan

I've been waiting for 3 years to get a pair from Juan. Makes the GW timeframe seem almost brief .....

No reason to do that, anymore. I’ve owned rough outs and service boots/shoes from WWII Impreaaions and now I have both exclusive, U.S. made, ATF versions and they’re exponentially better due to all of the tweaking or redesigning to make them as authentic as possible. There is nothing particularly wrong with the WWII Impression boots (though, with both pair, the tongues would not stay in place and always slipped down into the boots. I had to put a stitch in each tongue to stop that) The ATF are just superior.

- Ian