• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII Imp Boondockers

Andrew

Ok, i'm officially crazy but Í know i'm not alone. In the quest for perfection i've decided that I really could fit a smaller size, probably ideally an 11EE but since they are out of stock possibly a 10.5EE. So, these are now on the market. Wore them for a day and they feel great but I do have a fair amount of room around my toes to burn. The shape is not unlike my RM Williams boots as they have a tapered toe too but when I compare the overall length these are about 3/4 inch bigger.

Size 11.5EE, new they cost $179, i'd like $150 plus i'll subsidize the postage from here to wherever to the tune of what Juan would charge you so effectively that's a 16% discount for a new pair of boots.

If you need to check if they might fit my foot measures 11 3/4 inches long and just under 4.5"wide (when I do a trace of my foot flat on the floor then measure the extremities) and I still have easily just over an inch from the tip of my big toe to the end of the boot and obviously a lot more for the others!

If no takers after a couple of days it's off to Ebay. PM me and post a reply for all to see please. Extra pics available if needed.

Stop laughing Corey.

Andrew

Looks like I am the monkey after all.

I can't believe that saga took 6 months for you, but then I recall that Juan was waiting to build up orders before pushing the button. I am probably an 11EE which he tells me they don't have so I have a feeling that if I went out and ordered the 10.5's they would no doubt be wrong.

Paul, if it's not too much to ask, could you possibly measure your foot and the sole length of your 11's so that I can compare? I imagine that we're talking half and full inches wrt sizing? I've asked Juan but no reply....

Marv

Andrew said:
Paul, if it's not too much to ask, could you possibly measure your foot and the sole length of your 11's so that I can compare? I imagine that we're talking half and full inches wrt sizing? I've asked Juan but no reply....

I have measured my foot and it is 10.75 inches or 27.5 cms (from the bottom of the heel to the tip of the big toe) - as I am not wearing my boots at present I will measure the sole length when I get home this evening.

Andrew

Thanks Paul. Exactly an inch difference which tells me that 10.5 would almost certainly by too small and 11 would probably work. I just noticed you mentioned you had the extra 1" from your toe to the end, basically what I have now. It felt fine at first but once I got over the initial 1 day honeymoon it seemed a bit generous. Perhaps I should just keep em.

You would think that with all the boots they've sold they could have done some sort of summary that matches a particular foot size to their product- a sort of post occupancy analysis...

Marv

Andrew said:
Thanks Paul. Exactly an inch difference which tells me that 10.5 would almost certainly by too small and 11 would probably work. I just noticed you mentioned you had the extra 1" from your toe to the end, basically what I have now. It felt fine at first but once I got over the initial 1 day honeymoon it seemed a bit generous. Perhaps I should just keep em.

You would think that with all the boots they've sold they could have done some sort of summary that matches a particular foot size to their product- a sort of post occupancy analysis...

When I ordered mine all I did was order the US size 11D which as you know antiquates to a UK size 10, I didn't measure my foot or anything like that just went with WWII Imp size chart so I guess I could have been taking a chance that they may not fit.

But I think no matter what size you order, you are going to have that extra inch towards the tip of the boot as this is just the style of the boot.

If you look back at my pics you can see the lump where my big toe is and then the remainder to tip of the boot which is roughly an inch.

If the boots fit everywhere else and are comfortable then I would keep them - just as a matter of interest, do you guys use the same size charts as the UK or the US or do you use the EU sizing charts or something completely different.

Andrew

Paul, from our perspective on the planet we keep an eye East and West and everything in between for all things so we use whatever is going. The best one for me is to use the Euro sizing and from memory that's a 45, but it's generally whatever goes. I went to a shoe store to see if they'd measure me using one of those scales but the assistant said it wasn't worth it as international sizes are all over the shop.

Juan got back to me and interestingly he said that there's only a 1cm difference in the outside sole length between the 10.5 and 11.5 (32cm for the 10.5 and 33 for the 11.5). So i'd be keen to hear what an 11 comes in at. If this is correct a boot 1cm less in length would probably suit me better despite them actually fitting seemingly similarly to yours. I just hate the thought of going through the hassle of selling perfectly good boots and buying more.

I think i'll sit on it for a while. I'm off to Bali in 3 weeks so I certainly won't be needing them there. Thanks for all your help though.

Second thoughts Corey I reckon these would fit you just right since the 12 and 13's are no good. I'll do you a special price too!