• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII Flying Sweaters

dmar836

So does anyone have a C-2 vest that’s actually marked with a AAF label? I think most like mine are Korean War USMC vests. Some call them paramarine vests but I have seen them in a lot of KW pics.
Dave

dmar836

Yes. They were long thought of as AAF issue but wondering if any are found actually marked as such. I have yet to look them up in the AAF catalogue but...
Dave

Carl

Nothing in the Class 13 catalog Dave , even in Sweetings book they are only briefly mentioned . I have found so far ,only one contract that describes an " Alpaca Vest" and that is not a AAF contract , its a QM contract

Carl

The only contract i can find so far for the sleeveless Alpaca lined vest is this one .
It is an OLDIN DENIS contract ,and of note is the contract is not AC but a QM also the award date 4/45 , so i would think they wouldnt be getting to unit level for a while after that date ?
The contract details
upload_2018-6-23_13-44-55.png

dmar836

Yep. Good stuff and verifies my suspicion. Looks identical to mine which appears to never have been worn.
Thanks for the research!
Dave

Carl

The only contract i can find so far for the sleeveless Alpaca lined vest is this one .
It is an OLDIN DENIS contract ,and of note is the contract is not AC but a QM also the award date 4/45 , so i would think they wouldnt be getting to unit level for a while after that date ?
The contract details
View attachment 5822
Also , i have just noticed it was actually a contract for the US Navy ! . The letter "N" in the first column

Members online

Latest posts