• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII B-17 Nose Art M1943 Field Jacket

dujardin

many thanks,

i really enjoy when someone present a jacket in the ebay section that he mention nose art in the title so that i may copy some photos of painted jacket.
thanks for the link, i will not buy the jacket but i have the pic in my file ''painted jacket''.

byebyeeeeeeeeee marcel

442RCT

:lol: I do the same thing, collect pics of painted jackets. What's cool is the wide variation of artistry, from amateur folk art and simple designs, all the way to professional art and very detailed complicated designs. From all the jacket art I've seen and knowing what it takes to paint a jacket, IMHO, Jerome Urbaniak is the supreme master of jacket art. His jacket art is soooo good, that one doesn't want to actually wear his jackets in fear that they may be damaged.

It's kind of ironic, the painted jackets I wear are the folk art ones I painted for myself. I don't mind if they take on that 50 mission patina, (cracked and chipped paint, a little fading), and my 'special' jackets are shadowboxed and put on display.