• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 USNR aviator name tags

Jon S

Anyone know of a manufacturer besides Eastman that makes leather flight jacket name tags just like the WW2 originals? I'll go with Eastman if they can stamp USNR instead of just USN but I'm still waiting to hear back from them.
Thanks!

Steve H

The hard part is getting the right width- I think the wartime ones were 5 inch wide whereas most repos are 4 inch wide. If anyone knows who makes 5 inch tags I'm in!

chamboid

I'm hoping rhey'll do be a RNVR name tag patch for a M-422a jacket like I have on an original G&F contract. Tried to took into the name, not much info but supposedly he was a liaison officer.

Jon S

Well, Gary Eastman came through for me and made the name tag exactly to the specs I was hoping for. The leather was to the exact measurements and the USNR was foiled. I really couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Shoot him an email with your specs or a jpeg of what you're hoping to create and I think he'll do you right. Price with shipping was around $56.

shedonwanna

had a metal die made with 3-inch wings but i'm not set up to do foil stamping. usually just deboss and stain or paint.

a2jacketpatches

That looks great, I was thinking about the foil thing and looking at all of the options online and Ebay. Pretty expensive endeavor. Maybe once I get my 3D embossed wings mastered. They come out OK now the way I make the dies myself but unfortunately don't last long before cracking.

Jon S

Thanks for posting the pic, Dave. After the tag arrived, I used a piece of clear plastic and a fine point sharpie to mark the location of the original stitch holes on the M-422a. Then I placed the plastic over the tag, made the holes with a pin and finally hand stitched in place with some original thread.
That's a great looking die you've got there!