• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ww2 star sportswear jackets A-2 (size 46) D-1 (size medium)

Lignemaginot

The star looks original (can't speak about the other one), but the knits seem very dark - replaced? The name tag doesn't appear to be period, and there are also stitch holes on the left pocket flap from something.

Roughwear

You don't see many D-1s made by Star Sportswear. They come up for sale less often then their A2. I am surprised the A2 did not fetch more money. :eek:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Leadsky said:
It would have had I not forgotten about it..... insert head slapping emoticon here...
bonk.gif

You're welcome ....

Roughwear

Lignemaginot said:
But what do you think about the knits? Original?

It is hard to tell because of a lack of close-up shots, but they are darker than any original Star knits I have seen. The original waistband on my Star is a mid brown, so I would guess these are replacements.

Lignemaginot

That's what I was thinking. If that is the case, I don't think that the ending price is too far off - in addition to the replaced knits, you've got a non-period name-strip (that's going to leave holes if you remove it) and stitch holes in the pocket flap.

Roughwear

Lignemaginot said:
That's what I was thinking. If that is the case, I don't think that the ending price is too far off - in addition to the replaced knits, you've got a non-period name-strip (that's going to leave holes if you remove it) and stitch holes in the pocket flap.

Star A2s in a size 46 are very rare birds indeed and it was a good deal for the buyer. Is he a forum member perhaps?

Andrew

Lignemaginot said:

Thanks for the validation Clive, I agree in hindsight it was crap- makes me feel better about it. ;)

Lignemaginot

Leadsky said:
Lignemaginot said:

Thanks for the validation Clive, I agree in hindsight it was crap- makes me feel better about it. ;)

Yep, I'm pretty much trying to convince myself that I was right not to bid.... :D