• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 Reprduction Red Baseball Flight Cap

dmar836

If this is anything like their A-3 cap and A-2 jacket, I would hesitate. Then again I could never make one for that amount - even incorrectly.

A

Anonymous

I will get one and post up detailed pics. For the price it wouldn't be a loss.

dmar836

So anyone received one of these yet? If it's made well and with the proper materials it is a steal.
Dave

TankBuster

chitchat said:
Due in about a week.

Good! If it's a decent cap, I'm going to get one as well. Even if it's not perfect, I think I will still pick one up. The price is pretty reasonable. Looking forward to better pics!

johnwayne

"i purchased the elc hat ,, not too impressed ,, floppy cap .."

Gotta say I agree, the elc one isn't good, the 'crown' is just lifeless, so I've never even worn mine! They should supply it with a plastic or cardboard 'dome' to preserve it in transit and perhaps for storage too but it came crumpled despite being a nice elc box - I guess I should have returned it at the time but cest la vie.

cheers
Wayne

deand

johnwayne said:
"i purchased the elc hat ,, not too impressed ,, floppy cap .."

Gotta say I agree, the elc one isn't good, the 'crown' is just lifeless, so I've never even worn mine! They should supply it with a plastic or cardboard 'dome' to preserve it in transit and perhaps for storage too but it came crumpled despite being a nice elc box - I guess I should have returned it at the time but cest la vie.

cheers
Wayne

Have you tried getting the cap thoroughly wet, then shaping it to suit you? I've purchased many 'crushed' wool vintage caps and found a combination of water and wearing until practically dry does wonders.

dean

johnwayne

Thanks Dean
maybe I'll give it a try - not sure what the Mrs will say with me sitting around in a wet hat (as my Mum would say "you'll catch a death of a cold") and I'm certainly not turning up for work and sitting in the office with a wet head!
Maybe I just need to go for a walk in the rain!!
Cheers anyway
Wayne

deand

johnwayne said:
Thanks Dean
maybe I'll give it a try - not sure what the Mrs will say with me sitting around in a wet hat (as my Mum would say "you'll catch a death of a cold") and I'm certainly not turning up for work and sitting in the office with a wet head!
Maybe I just need to go for a walk in the rain!!
Cheers anyway
Wayne

Well, yes, soak it well :lol: , but then towel it good to remove the excess water, and it won't be unbearable, in fact you won't even notice it's damp after a while. I suggest wearing it so that it will shrink, or stretch as the case may be, to fit, if necessary, otherwise I stuff some towels up inside the cap to shape it out and let it dry, removing them just before it gets perfectly dry.

dean

A

Anonymous

CRAP, I will get pictures ASAP front panel stiffeners, stitching and materials CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

deand

Amazing that a wool baseball cap could turn out so bad. They're as common as dirt. If it's as bad as it may turn out to be you really have to wonder about the decline and fall of 'progress'.

dean

dmar836

LOL. I thought chitchat couldn't get pics to load or something. I re-read it and see the must be really bad. Too bad but there just aren't too many things not made in China anymore. To dictate the materials used and control the quality, you would have to order many thousands.
Looking forward to pics. Anyone else receive one yet with any other opinions?

Dave

FtrPlt

Cooperstown Ball Caps used to make the best retro caps around -- all the way back to the original styles used when the sport was formed. They went under a few years ago -- allegedly under assault from MLB over licensing rights for teams that existed decades before MLB existed.

In any event, the company reformed as Ideal Cap Co. They still make all the same patterns with some limitations on the teams available. I've had a blue wool 1940s style cap for years (via Cooperstown). Recently picked up a spare through the new company. Quality appears unchanged. My only gripe was my original cap had a very nice brown horsehide cap band and the new one used a rougher textured black leather.

Pricey (~$45) but I've worn mine almost daily for 5-6 years and other than some fading is holding up extremely well. Like everything else, you get what you pay for.

http://idealcapco.com/