• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 Converse high tops

MikeyB-17

Well well well, I always thought that style of sole with the separate ball and heel was a modern thing-obviously not. I have trouble wearing that style of boot, despite having two pairs, but I like those too.

Peter Graham

Converse did a limited run of 1946 military high tops a number of years ago and very nice they were but they are nearly impossible to get hold of now. I've been trying for years.

Vcruiser

Man..wish I had those during the summer of 1970 during Army Basic training..rather than hot new freshly issued stiff leather regular combat boots. Would have been so much better on the feet for sure!

Van

CBI

did someone say "high tops?"

the current home supply

Converse:

IMG_9515.jpg

PF Flyers (Slightly prefer this brand over Converse but C's are still great!):

IMG_9514.jpg

Stony

I remember having high tops as a kid. I'm going to check out that site and probably order some.

:D

ausreenactor

unclegrumpy said:
Stony said:
I remember having high tops as a kid.:D

Me too! Thats why I had to get a pair.... :D

I think they were all rage in the early 80s here too. I recall the High Tops and 'Desert Boots' being the done thing.
Now I wear Army boots by day and ATF USMC boots by night?

Couchy