• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 A2 only for US ebayers

Tim P

I am sick of the ethnocentric BS that some sellers display. I accept that some places in the world are rsky to deal with but most of europe, australia and places like japan are safe to deal with. Those locations can be specified in the sellers profile on set up.
I ship anywhere but am careful about making sure recorded delivery is the order of the day for international.

atkins

Tim P said:
I am sick of the ethnocentric BS that some sellers display. I accept that some places in the world are rsky to deal with but most of europe, australia and places like japan are safe to deal with. Those locations can be specified in the sellers profile on set up.
I ship anywhere but am careful about making sure recorded delivery is the order of the day for international.

Very well put, can you imagine how many times i couldn't bid because of my country-it hurts especially seeing my country on the 'no shipping to' list. But.... i have you guys to help. Viva VLJ!

Roughwear

It is annoying the guy refuses to ship to Europe and he may get less for this first contract RW because of this. There are also quite a few UK sellers who will not post overseas for whatever reason.

dujardin

this happen too often.....

i already did this

first contact the seller to ask him if there are no possibility to ship to my country, just 2 respons possible yes or no.
second, when i receive a negative answer, i keep following the item just for information
third, when finished; often the price remain small (or ridiculous) and than, i'm very happy to write him again to tell him my satisfaction that the price not increase due to the possible leg of European buyers, who are good buyers.
mostly i receive no more answer.
and one time, on a flight helmet the guy ask me if i'm intersted now that his B-11 found no buyer. i was again happy to answer him that i accept only one negative answer and that i don't change my position. and to add ''now you may eat your helmet''

but yes, i remain offensed, i enrage in such situation.
but that's the ''game''

ohhh i forget, a time i receive an answer like this : '' i don't ship part of American History outside US''
i remember this guy that most part of American History'' took place outside US border.

byeeeeeeeeee marcel

Tim P

dujardin said:
ohhh i forget, a time i receive an answer like this : '' i don't ship part of American History outside US''
i remember this guy that most part of American History'' took place outside US border.

byeeeeeeeeee marcel

It is a valid counter point. a lot of US History was made in europe, africa and the pacific in ww2. I wonder if a seller of an aussie contract A-2 would follow this rationale?
I suppose it is the sellers choice really but I dont see any logic in it.