wtf????

Discussion in 'eBay / Auction Talk' started by Silver Surfer, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

so what the hell is it? i mean about the forum being a clearing house for unknown newbie crap? i dont exactly mind guys flogging their shit, but, man, this has been getting silly.

2. Steve27752

Steve27752 Well-Known Member

It’s our new open door policy.

3. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

I agree Vic. There should be ten non sale posts before a newbie can sell here.

ButteMT61, Thomas Koehle and Smithy like this.
  4. B-Man2

B-Man2 Active Member

Damn......I was a little slow on the uptake and missed it all...What happened??o_O

ButteMT61 likes this.
  5. Steve27752

Steve27752 Well-Known Member

One of the watch forums that I belong to has, a 50 post six month rule before new members can access the buy/sell section.

Smithy likes this.
  6. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

That's not a bad idea at all. I'm all for getting new members on board and making them welcome but it's bloody annoying with those that come on and post "I've got this jacket, what's this worth" or the first and only thing they do is link to an Ebay auction, and then never to be heard from again.

ButteMT61, Roughwear and Steve27752 like this.
  7. Silver Surfer

agreed, all.

8. Roughwear

I totally agree with this Tim.

9. regius

regius Member

What happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Roughwear

Just more new members using the forum to sell their stuff or seek an opinion prior to selling and then not contributing anything to the forum. It is happening more often these days.

11. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Active Member

all over all other forums I'm a member also - no matter wether it is Militaria, Chopper or HotRod Forum

I`d setup a minimum amount of posts - or even of started topics before someone is allowed to post in the buying/selling area

just my 2 cents

Smithy and Steve27752 like this.
  12. Justin B

Justin B New Member

I belong to another Military forum where this occurs quite frequently. Unfortunately, many folks see forums as a way to ID and/or provide sales links to their items. As a new member here as of about ten minutes ago, I hope to be a contributing asset here!

coalman, Smithy, B-Man2 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Silver Surfer

aha, youre just in, eh? welcome to the abusement park.....and, i like your attitude.

Justin B likes this.
  14. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

Although I've already said hi in your bio thread, I just wanted to agree with Silver Surfer, with your attitude you're going to fit right in.

Roughwear and Justin B like this.
  15. B-Man2

B-Man2 Active Member

Agree with Silver Surfer and Smithy

16. dmar836

dmar836 Well-Known Member

Perhaps we should all just ignore such posts. I'm the worst as I want a new guy to feel welcomed but I think from now on I will not respond to threads from new members when it is obvious, and it IS obvious, that the new member just wants selling info about his(almost always) "Mall Jacket".
    Not that I'm right on this but if we all banded together this would weed it out.
    To the mods, how do we get a ringer on the otherwise open door?
    JMO,
    Dave

17. coalman

coalman Member

I feel that new members should be allowed to post "want to buy" jackets etc as it will assist newbies and regulars at the same time swap and purchase items.
    The same with" need item ID" postings, as long as there is no request on value then they should be allowed, what I would ask is that there should be something in place to stop newbies just joining, using peoples good nature/experience, then making money on the back of it.

Roughwear likes this.