• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wtf????

Silver Surfer

so what the hell is it? i mean about the forum being a clearing house for unknown newbie crap? i dont exactly mind guys flogging their shit, but, man, this has been getting silly.

Steve27752

One of the watch forums that I belong to has, a 50 post six month rule before new members can access the buy/sell section.

Smithy

That's not a bad idea at all. I'm all for getting new members on board and making them welcome but it's bloody annoying with those that come on and post "I've got this jacket, what's this worth" or the first and only thing they do is link to an Ebay auction, and then never to be heard from again.

Roughwear

Just more new members using the forum to sell their stuff or seek an opinion prior to selling and then not contributing anything to the forum. It is happening more often these days.

Thomas Koehle

all over all other forums I'm a member also - no matter wether it is Militaria, Chopper or HotRod Forum

I`d setup a minimum amount of posts - or even of started topics before someone is allowed to post in the buying/selling area

just my 2 cents

Justin B

I belong to another Military forum where this occurs quite frequently. Unfortunately, many folks see forums as a way to ID and/or provide sales links to their items. As a new member here as of about ten minutes ago, I hope to be a contributing asset here!

dmar836

Perhaps we should all just ignore such posts. I'm the worst as I want a new guy to feel welcomed but I think from now on I will not respond to threads from new members when it is obvious, and it IS obvious, that the new member just wants selling info about his(almost always) "Mall Jacket".
Not that I'm right on this but if we all banded together this would weed it out.
To the mods, how do we get a ringer on the otherwise open door?
JMO,
Dave

coalman

I feel that new members should be allowed to post "want to buy" jackets etc as it will assist newbies and regulars at the same time swap and purchase items.
The same with" need item ID" postings, as long as there is no request on value then they should be allowed, what I would ask is that there should be something in place to stop newbies just joining, using peoples good nature/experience, then making money on the back of it.