• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you purchase this Aero size 46 for 500.00?

A

Anonymous

20339.jpg
203319.jpg
203324.jpg
203325.jpg
20331.jpg
20332.jpg
2033a1.jpg
20336.jpg
20337.jpg
KGrHqZHJBIE7zlYJivBPDf4SK60_3.jpg

Just trying to get feedback on this jacket before I decide, your time is appreciated. I have shown all the flaws I can find.

CBI

it might be a good deal, so far $400 and no bids. I have it on my watch list (along with a million other things)

Good Luck -

ButteMT61

RCSignals said:
Or buy an ARCO AERO from Bill Kelso and enjoy wearing it.

If I could find a WWII A-2 like that in my size I'd wear it. Just like other things I've owned like classic cars. They're meant to be used at some point. I love preservation, but some things I also like to use.

RCSignals

From the look of that one it may need to be completely rebuilt and resewn before it could be worn 'normally'. That pocket is probably only the start of every stitch letting go.

ButteMT61

Yep which is why I'd get 'er fixed up and use 'er. All the tricks in the books don't get that look in one lifetime, and I'm not gettin' any younger! :lol:

dmar836

Mmmm. Sure. Why not. I would disagree with the wearing part though. Unless on extremely limited occasions.

Dave

ButteMT61

It would be worn occasionally. But worn. No doubt. Why have it and let it hang in a closet? I mean, if that's the case, put it in a museum. Just me.

dmar836

Many things are collected and apreciated but not used. I had the same feelings at one time but looked funny wearing an O2 mask at work!

Roughwear

I assume it is your jacket Chitchat. The wear holes in the leather and lack of label are issues, but $500 is a fair price for it IMO. Good luck with it.

A

Anonymous

Actually it's listed on ebay in a rather obscure manner, CBI found it. It has 3 days , no bids, and a 400.00 start price.

Peter Graham

I wouldn't pay $500 for it. It's got issues, the main ones being the lack of label and the damaged zipper tape. Nice patina though.

ButteMT61

Peter Graham said:
I wouldn't pay $500 for it. It's got issues, the main ones being the lack of label and the damaged zipper tape. Nice patina though.

While true, if you had those things fixed, someone would pay $1000 for it. So, for a great, authentic WWII jacket, you could find a good tailor and get it fixed and wear it! :)

Roughwear

ButteMT61 said:
Peter Graham said:

While true, if you had those things fixed, someone would pay $1000 for it. So, for a great, authentic WWII jacket, you could find a good tailor and get it fixed and wear it! :)

I agree with Butte here. The jacket can easily be restored and worn or sold on.