• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

work boot question... this has to be the place to ask

Tim P

Now, some will know that the uS Navy seabees and beach battallions in ww2 were often issued with non regulation, local purchase boots.
basically they are dark brown 10 inch plus high, lace to toe logger boots but without cleated soles and that cuban heel that I find distasteful (each to their own right?)
chippewa do a good facsimilie but that has tim-nasty heels.
Danner do one but I am unsure whether the sole for it could be found and at 350 bucks.

Anyone know of a maker that does something close to what I want?

John Lever

Tim P said:
Now, some will know that the uS Navy seabees and beach battallions in ww2 were often issued with non regulation, local purchase boots.
basically they are dark brown 10 inch plus high, lace to toe logger boots but without cleated soles and that cuban heel that I find distasteful (each to their own right?)
chippewa do a good facsimilie but that has tim-nasty heels.
Danner do one but I am unsure whether the sole for it could be found and at 350 bucks.

Anyone know of a maker that does something close to what I want?
Magnum or Dickies ?

Marv

I would have thought that the US Navy SeaBees would have been issued with regulation boondockers or the USN equivelent (which are pretty much the same) but could be wrong.

Tim P

boondockers were issue and widely worn. However piecemeal issues of hi top work boots was common and regular.