• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wool bodied A-1s from Spearhead

A

Anonymous

I will end up with a 48. Can't bet the price just to check it out. I purchased a B-10 in a 48 and it fit perfect, ended up selling it a year ago. Just received an ATF B-10 that in my humble opinion is of less quality than Spearhead.

MikeyB-17

One of the characters in Stalag 17 had a similar animal
3b17f719.jpg

Whilst on the subject, check out Bill Holden's B-3 (note side panel configuration), B-2 and A-10's. My favourite film B-10. Must get another.
DTS17.jpg

fishmeok

I have had mixed results buying from them- biggest problem is the patterns, way too big in the shoulders and too short in the body. Just looks wonky. Has anyone bought their regular clothing? How are the patterns?
Cheers
Mark

zoomer

My "Godars Coat Co." Spearhead B-10 is the only flight jacket I've ever owned with shoulders wider than the zipper is long. No $#!! - size 46, shoulders 21", zip 20 3/4".

Atticus

I would really like to know more about these jackets. I'm kinda tempted to buy one blind. I've been wanting a wool A-1 for a long time and I could probably live without true mil spec. I recently saw a cool looking, wool A-1ish jacket in, of all places, a Brooks Brothers store. The quality looked good but the price was way high. I just looked through the Brooks Brothers spring collection (on their site) hoping to find a photo to post, but couldn't find the jacket.

AF

zoomer

Brooks Bros still makes dress uniforms, BTW, altho I'd imagine very few servicemembers can afford them.

Atticus

Come to think of it, the Brooks Brothers store was at the airport in Milwaukee....General Mitchell Field. Now, where would be a better place to buy an A-1? :lol:

AF

Tim P

That looks like British Battledress wool. they have possibly used an overrun of fabric.
If these jackets are not a replica of an existing military jacket they surely still tick all the boxes for the likes of us

CBI

I could bite but I am wondering when I would wear the wool version INSTEAD of capeskin A-1. Probably never so even though its a great buy, better to save my money for something else. Just my 2 cents.

Dr H

My sentiments exactly. I'm thinking hard about when to wear cape vs. goat (horsehide is sorted), no need of more complications :?

Atticus

Yeah, I guess y'all have got a point. I don't even wear my Goodwear A-1 as much as I should. And I just bought a peacoat. OK, so maybe I'll pass on this one.

AF

A

Anonymous

OK bought one today. I am no expert but I will post close up pics and accurate measurements. I have had good luck with Spearhead in the past.

John Lever

At the low price it's worth a punt to see what they are like. I think they would work well beneath a heavy sheepskin and would look better than a sweater.