• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Witch Craft Jacket Art Project

442RCT

I unabashedly copy designs for jacket backs, either original or new. I'll tweak it here and there to make it different, and I'll even do some googling for the history of the design elements. One of the A2 jackets posted on VLJ was Witch Craft with an Elvgren pin-up girl dressed as a witch. I liked it a lot, so I commissioned it to be painted on my Flight Apparel Industries A2 recently acquired from Hamsterbear.

Witches on planes are not an uncommon design, in WW2 several B-17s had a Petty girl witch. The Elvgren pin-up witch didn't come out until the mid 50s, after WW2, but the anachronism didn't stop me from using her for the jacket. When I initially saw the pin-up and Witch Craft logo, the plane that popped into my head was the P-61 Black Widow, a night fighter. I decided to find a P-61 squadron for the theme of the jacket. Th 421st NFS was chosen because I liked their unofficial patch :roll: , it was a stylized black widow holding a dagger in each 'hand' and beams shining from her eyes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:421st ... Emblem.png (the official unit emblem is Bugs Bunny sitting in a cockpit of a plane holding a flashlight in one hand and a carrot in the other.)
PETTY GIRL AND B-17S
SexyWitches.jpg

ELVGREN, PETTY AND MODERN WITCH BASED ON ELVGREN WITCH
RecentlyUpdated.jpg

WITCH CRAFT A-2 421st NIGHT FIGHTER Sqn

WitchCraft_01.jpg

WitchCraft_03.jpg

art of a2

I guess you are refering to my art piece that was commisioned earlier this year.

A lot of 'double meanings' in titles was evident in Nose art during WWII and this was one of a few possible titles that could have fit the bill. The customer settled on this.
a2.jpg

Painted this year. Yes.. this is a rendition of the Elvgren image.
a4.jpg

I worked closely with the customer on all the various elements of the image and come up with this idea which we thought works well. I usually send .jpg attachments to customers of their chosen ideas before starting. In this way we (customer and I) can be sure of a successful result.
a5.jpg

442RCT

Yup, it was your jacket that I saw posted. ;) Also a poster on Fedora wanted to do his jacket with the same Elvgren pin-up witch. He tweaked it by replacing the moon with a USAAF star in a circle and named his 'Hell's Belle'

442RCT

ELVGREN'S FLYING HIGH, WITCHY POO - REDUX

My "Witch Craft", Witchy Poo pin-up girl was a little too folk art for my tastes, so she was tweaked, as they say, the devil's in the details. Her make-up was re-applied, body re-shaded with some modeling to her bustier and diaphanous wrap and her stocking details and were fixed.

Witchypoo_collage01.jpg