• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

William Lennon & Co. Boots from UK?

A

Anonymous

I have a pair of the WW1 replica boots with hob nailed sole and they are a great, truly traditional looking and made boot that is great for field use. Bit noisy on tarmac though !

They're a good outfit so deal with them in complete confidence.

Dave

Tim P

Just yesterday I recieved a pair of their 78TC work boots custom made in rufout to be reminiscent of the boots used by the early US army Rangers. Aside from the fact that only deadstock Itshide commando soles would be correct the commando sole they have used is quite adequate. they needed dubbin to be darkened down but the production colour is bang on for the new issue colour of originals (tobacco brown suede)
there was no issue whatsoever with dealing with my bizarre request they were very can do about the whole thing. the boots are comfortable as hell too even after one day. may have to take them for a walk later. get em a bit muddy and wet.
I would reccomend them in a heartbeat.

m444uk

Interesting company.

These would be good for football hooligans who like to kick peoples heads in :twisted:

Enginemensboot-big.jpg

http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footwear ... -boot.html

Love the tug of war boot.

268D-big.jpg

http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footwear ... -boot.html

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Tim P said:
Just yesterday I recieved a pair of their 78TC work boots ....

Is their sizing pretty normal, Tim?

I see that the size range is limited ... no half sizes, or widths.

Tim P

I am a standard UK 10 regular width. half sizes are not an issue with me so I cant say on that count. what I can say is that the boots I have are an absolutely bang on fit.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Tim P said:
I am a standard UK 10 regular width.

Thanks, Tim .... I'm more a UK 9 - 4 (D), so perhaps they would be too wide.

I like the Derby boot, and the waxy tan number, with the leather soles. :cool:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Ah well .... maybe they will be an alternative. Trickers tell me that they no longer make the D width on the country last, so I am going to have to settle for Medium in boots.

What is it with these bootmakers, they think we all want to wear thick socks. :)

A

Anonymous

Tim P said:
Just yesterday I recieved a pair of their 78TC work boots custom made in rufout to be reminiscent of the boots used by the early US army Rangers. Aside from the fact that only deadstock Itshide commando soles would be correct the commando sole they have used is quite adequate. they needed dubbin to be darkened down but the production colour is bang on for the new issue colour of originals (tobacco brown suede)
there was no issue whatsoever with dealing with my bizarre request they were very can do about the whole thing. the boots are comfortable as hell too even after one day. may have to take them for a walk later. get em a bit muddy and wet.
I would reccomend them in a heartbeat.

Hey, how 'bout a photo of the finished product? I sometimes reenact the 1st Rangers and a boot like this would be a great addition to my kit. Thanks!

Bill K.