• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why People won't sell to France...Reason No.1 of 100

dujardin

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh those frenchies......

but??? but ????
what i don't understand from US sellers (or other countries), is that often i saw this unlegit words on a listing -french bidders not allowed.... aso aso blablabli blablabla

i'm from a close location to France, i speak the same language as them, and i think we have the same culture.
and also, english is not my natural language

sooooooooooooooo
why not a similar and unlegit - belgians not allowed aso aso blablabli blablabla

?????????????????????????????????????

just a smal reflexion of a small belgian

bye
marcel

oh yes, i forget...... years ago i send a parcel in Italy, never arrived; i'm still friend with the guy; i don't enter in war with Italy

and just few weeks ago, i send a parcel to... to.... to the USA andddddddddddddddddd i don't receive a mail telling me the parcel is safe
so i'm also anxious to know if this parcel is arrived or lost. and i don't begin to ask him; did you receive the parcel. i don't enter in war with americans

just as info, those two parcels were under exchange between friends.

but result are the same, a little lost of money.

that's life... sometimes no luck
and i don't start a war for the cause

rich

English may not be your natural language Marcel, but I couldn't have put it better myself - good for you.

Roughwear

My Czech Irvin was bought by a guy in France. He paid by bank transfer which took four days to complete. I posted off the jacket early last week and advised him of the tracking number. It was sent fully insured. I have not heard whether it has arrived yet. At least he did not use Paypal and can't try a charge back against me if it goes missing!

I agree some of these chaps in France and Italy are very impatient. One member here from Italy who is always after original A2s and Irvins bought an Irvin off me and complained when he tracked it to Germany (a staging post on the way!) and became quite unpleasant in his pms to me. The jacket eventually arrived and he calmed down, but it is an experience I will not repeat!

CHECK6

dujardin said:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh those frenchies......

but??? but ????
what i don't understand from US sellers (or other countries), is that often i saw this unlegit words on a listing -french bidders not allowed.... aso aso blablabli blablabla

i'm from a close location to France, i speak the same language as them, and i think we have the same culture.
and also, english is not my natural language

sooooooooooooooo
why not a similar and unlegit - belgians not allowed aso aso blablabli blablabla

?????????????????????????????????????

just a smal reflexion of a small belgian

bye
marcel

oh yes, i forget...... years ago i send a parcel in Italy, never arrived; i'm still friend with the guy; i don't enter in war with Italy

and just few weeks ago, i send a parcel to... to.... to the USA andddddddddddddddddd i don't receive a mail telling me the parcel is safe
so i'm also anxious to know if this parcel is arrived or lost. and i don't begin to ask him; did you receive the parcel. i don't enter in war with americans

just as info, those two parcels were under exchange between friends.

but result are the same, a little lost of money.

that's life... sometimes no luck
and i don't start a war for the cause
JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE BELGIAN NOT FRENCH MARCEL :D :D

dujardin

JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE BELGIAN NOT FRENCH MARCEL :D :D[/quote]

yes but what about our french friends???
you know, those guys that we called affectuously : cousins ????
:lol: :lol: :lol:

bombs away

Hello,

Reason No.2 of 100 : 19-12 at the Eden Park today
Resaon No.3 of 100 : because we eat froglegs and snails (when we're not eating english babies for breakfast, or drinking their blood I just can't remember)
Reason No.4 of 100 : because we look ridiculous with our beret, our garlic necklace on the chest, and our baguette under the arm.
Reason No.5 of 100 : because Admiral Horation Nelson said : "You must hate a frenchman as you do the devil"
Reason No.6 of 100 : because we are dirty, dumb and ugly, that's why more than 600,000 english people are owning a second home in France.

Come on 269sqnhudson, stupidity is the better shared "quality" in human nature.
Your impatient buyer is really dumb I agree, but I'm not sure it has to be linked with his nationality.
World is full of bad guys, in every countries. But it's also full of wonderfull people too in every part of the planet.
I was stolen on this forum by an american guy who took my money and disappeared. I'm still here and I still have many US friends.

Some guys here know I have sold and bought some jackets here without any problem, am I really french ?

French people are not better or worst than anyone esle in the world.

So please 269sqnhudson, just to use preconceived idea as you did, keep your british phlegm and drink a good cup of tea.
And if you wish to come in the south of France for your next holiday, I'd be happy to show you the good sides of my country, because there are. Aren't they Marcel ? ;)

Tim.

ECKHARTUS

bombs away said:
Hello,

Resaon No.3 of 100 : because we eat froglegs and snails (when we're not eating english babies for breakfast, or drinking their blood I just can't remember)
Reason No.4 of 100 : because we look ridiculous with our beret, our garlic necklace on the chest, and our baguette under the arm.
Reason No.5 of 100 : because Admiral Horation Nelson said : "You must hate a frenchman as you do the devil"
Reason No.6 of 100 : because we are dirty, dumb and ugly, that's why more than 600,000 english people are owning a second home in France.

Your impatient buyer is really dumb I agree, but I'm not sure it has to be linked with his nationality.
World is full of bad guys, in every countries. But it's also full of wonderfull people too in every part of the planet.
I was stolen on this forum by an american guy who took my money and disappeared. I'm still here and I still have many US friends.

Some guys here know I have sold and bought some jackets here without any problem, am I really french ?

So please 269sqnhudson, just to use preconceived idea as you did, keep your british phlegm and drink a good cup of tea.
And if you wish to come in the south of France for your next holiday, I'd be happy to show you the good sides of my country, because there are. Aren't they Marcel ? ;)

Tim.
Joli :lol:
It is necessary to recognize that there are many mental defectives on ebay France but you should not generalize.

rocco74

bombs away said:
Hello,

Tim.
:lol: :lol: :lol: .quote too...from italy

dujardin

of course Tim

and in France, they have Ricard :lol: :lol: :lol:

but i recognise that frenchies speak english as a spanish cow :lol:

heuuuuuu, me too :oops:

and remember this one.... make love, not war

ciddu

Interesting - I always heard sellers complaining about Italian buyers.. now at last it seems we're in good company at the bottom end of the stairs of seller's appreciation!
I agree that stupidity, rudeness and impatience are equally widespread everywhere, but there are also extremely nice and straightforward people in every country.
I don't know about France, but I have to say that Italian customs and mail service are doing their best to get people mad and turn our passion in misery.
This could be the root of many problems between sellers and buyers.
But here we're supposed to share common a interest and this should be one of the bright sides of life... don't want to let rude people or appalling postal services spoil it.

dujardin

[
I don't know about France, but I have to say that Italian customs and mail service are doing their best to get people mad and turn our passion in misery.

same for me in Belgium, i have the sentiment (i stay gentleman) that belgian postal service are of poor quality and efficiency

This could be the root of many problems between sellers and buyers.

yes, this is the root of the problem

the parcel is lost somewhere, by someone, .....
and of course, every side (buyer or seller) say it's the fault of the other

as i said, sometimes; no luck

unclegrumpy

bombs away said:
I was stolen on this forum by an american guy who took my money and disappeared. Tim.
Join the club Tim!

After the Spanish, English, and yes the French, "stole" most of the Eastern part of our Country from the Indians, which whom by the way were named by a lost Italian, we Americans managed to take, steal or "buy" the rest of our great nation from the remaining American Indians, the Mexicans, and a few confused Russians. :shock:

I think you were lucky this American just disappeared....if he hadn't, he might be spending your money on a posh Paris apartment in one of those buildings with all those No.6 channel crossers in it.....and just think of what adding that rotten yankee would have done to that lovely neighborhood! :)

Anyway, all this really illustrates is why everyone loves the Belgians.....well except maybe for a few Africans that is. :D

GoodTimesGone

Last winter I purchased a leather jacket from a gentleman in England through ebay. Time passed and it wasn't showing up. We had a lot of communication via email concerning the problem. I had a dispute filed in the resolution center yet our conversation remained civil. I just didn't think his words sounded like he was being deceptive in any way. He sounded even more upset than I was. I did have some doubts though. Well it finally arrived nearly six weeks after it was sent. By that time I had really given up hope. I sent him a message immediately. We both admitted to each other after the fact that we had doubts but ended up impressed with how the other guy conducted himself. I had ordered items many times from sellers in England and shipping did not take even two weeks normally.
I really don't think we can stereotype people depending on what country they come from. There are responsible honest people everywhere and irresponsible dishonest people everywhere. As the point was brought up earlier in this thread we can say that some postal systems are better than others (and some days are better than others).

Peter Graham

John Lever said:
Peter Graham said:
I sent an ELC Luftwaffe jacket to France last Friday. I'm rather anxious now. :shock:
Peter,
Next time for a small [??] fee you could use a Paypal postage label printed from my ebay. That way the site automatically logs when you post the item a tracks its progress to the buyer. The drag is that it's a fair bit more expensive than Royal mail or Parcelforce. It could be worth it in some circumstances.

The jacket arrived safely with no qubibles, happy feedback all round. This is the second or third item I've sent to France with no problems so based purely on personal experience I've no problems with French buyers.

John Lever

Silver Surfer said:
dont know why, but guys??? form malyasia like to bid on stuff, but have no intention of paying...malyasian sense of humor? several months ago, i sold an aloha shirt to a guy in france. as this was sent usps first class, i told the buyer it may take up to 10 days for the shirt to get to him. he sent a message 5 days after the end of the auction asking [you guessed it] "wheres my shirt?" [something out of a marx bros movie]. it gets better. 2 weeks after shipping, he still didnt have it, so i went to the tracking# to see what was going on. the info supplied by the usps said that the parcel had made it to france, period. another 2 weeks later, he wanted his dough back, and i was just about to refund the dough, and write the whole thing off, when, voila! he sent a message saying he got the shirt. my guess is that the parcel was held up at french customs for all that time. by and large, considering the huge volume of stuff that is flying around the world, on a daily basis, its amazing that there arent more glitches. words to buyers: "be patient, grasshopper". ditto, sellers.

I think Paypal could help here by using a system where the seller uploads the tracking number to their account and when the parcel is in transit, blocks all chargebacks until after the parcel is delivered. That way impatient buyers can't blame slow customs or postage malfunction on the seller.

269sqnhudson

Well an interesting mix of opinions.

The man in question got his helmet as I knew he would being that we both had the tracking number. He has now calmed down. My annoyance was with the unreasonable impatience displayed by him.

I have sold many times to France and while it is a small percentage who become unreasonable I have noticed my blocked bidder list is entirely populated by French and Italian bidders....and I'm clearly not the only one who has this problem.

Sadly my experience has built to the point where I can reasonably say I am more likely to have a problem with a French or Italian bidder. This is not to say all French ebayers are bad just that I am more likely, looking at past stats, to have unusual difficulty with these transactions.

I won't be blocking France or Italy as a whole any time soon BUT I will be using pricier postal methods from now on (queue tidal wave of whining on ebay) and will also be specifying the Royal Mail postal time estimates on listings.

Someone at some point said it's usually the sellers fault and there's nothing wrong with French bidders (possibly on a different forum) but it's funny that a Google search will show that this particular problem seems to exist in many spheres of ebaying and collecting (militaria, jackets, vinyl records, arts & crafts) and it's not baseless racism, just cautious skepticism.

T