• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why haven't I gotten any orders.................

Monsoon

PaulGT3 said:
Doesnt get any better than when a competitor helps you get set up!!

When I was out running errands today, I was thinking of this thread and thought the same thing. Dude, this is one of your competitors that's helping you out!

a2jacketpatches

Actually guys, I don't really feel like a competitor to Johnny or any of the other paint guys because I hardly ever paint. As stated before, I try to explore what everyone else doesn't and pass on my tips of the trade for painting. I've helped a few guys out with that and I feel that getting Johnny going with the Ebay thing is actually good for the market overall. I see painted stuff going for way too much down to so cheap I can hardly understand how a guy could justify it. Johnny is about right in the middle with good quality and might help level things out a bit. There's a lot of guys out there looking to buy the paint and the quality of what's out there seems pretty comparable regardless of the huge fluctuation in price. 50.00 to 70.00 seems about right for patches done in acrylic without shading and highlighting and around 100.00 and up a little for an artistically rendered image. There's a guy on Ebay now that has flooded the pages with 109.00 dollar patches, a whole lotta BS, and they should be priced at 25 - 30 bucks because the quality is fair at best. That guy is selling only two a month and I'll bet most of the buyers just have no idea.

So Johnny, I really hope you take this on because your sales are out there waiting. There's a piece of the pie for everyone but you have to be hungry enough to go get it.

dmar836

I think I "hosted" a troop carrier patch for Emblemhunter once.
Don't know if you all remember it. It was as nice as I've seen!
With the variations of originals painted not only as patches but by local artisans directly on jackets, it's difficult to say who has the best quality as far as originality goes, IMO.
If we want to compare modern offerings and interpretations, that is another issue. Then again, this can cloud the identity of original styles. Perhaps this isn't bad as we can often spot the fakes and build-ups by the modern style paint.
Johnny is the go-to for unit patch identification on this forum and elsewhere from what I've seen.
There are quite a few here that are very gifted at this art form. 91stbombgroup(you'll always be Chitchat to me), Emblem, CBI, Sean, jb - keep up the good work!
JMO
Dave

a2jacketpatches

http://stores.ebay.com/dannysmilitarythings
This is The 109- guy, he states that the patches are very old, puts a few stamps on the back, and sells as if original period items in that category. These patches are modern reproductions without a doubt. Some of his newly listed items have the distinguishing characteristics of jbmilarts newest creations. Jim tends to modify designs a bit and this guy just happens to come up with the same modifications to the same particular unit patch that Jim just released. When I say fair at best with this guy, his line work is a little scratchy, and some first hand customers have complained of cracking paint and very stiff leather. Very important qualities to consider when patching even a low cost jacket. They are what they are and could actually be desirable because they are imperfect and cracking could be a good thing. So don't get me wrong guys, I'm not knocking the patches, just the price and BS in the description. Notice the writing, paint pen done yesterday.
KGrHqEOKpIE5VqtYm-lBOdsb4G60_57_zpsc684b7e7.jpg

Didn't mean to imply that all the painters are comparable in style, or quality of the art but I do have a realistic awareness of what went into a patch with a single glance. Each has his own little signatures that I would recognize straight away, if you put a hundred mixed VLJ painted patches in front of me I'd be able to ID the maker on all. They are all very good quality as far as execution goes and I can only guess that thought was put into wearability as well because I haven't heard about any issues with that.

I think Johnny and his 50- price tag would do well and only trying to convince him that there's a place for him next to everyone else.

a2jacketpatches

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
a2jacketpatches said:
This will do the job perfectly and I am VERY familiar with these cameras
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kodak-EASYSHARE ... 19dad7cc7a

Thank you , are they still for sale "new" in stores, or only available via E bay, as I don't have an account
Johnny

No, Kodak is actually out of business now, but the cameras are widely available and work well. I just got my wife an Ebay account as she just got her permanent resident status and wants to learn as much as she can. You should get the account going anyway while you're waiting. A paypal account is just as quick.

To get her a checking account, savings account, Ebay and Paypal, took about two hours. She's already messing with the ebay site by exploring a bit. Soon, she'll be running the sister company to a2jacketpatches. We'll be selling all of the antiques here and patches as well.

But if you want to avoid the whole ebay thing, there's plenty of other options new in stores.

EMBLEMHUNTER

Yeah , I'll look around and see who has the simplist type out right now ,also the book "digitial cameras for Dummies" :D

a2jacketpatches

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
Yeah , I'll look around and see who has the simplist type out right now ,also the book "digitial cameras for Dummies" :D

Windows XP for dummies, one of the best purchases I ever made, it's what got me going. You're on the right track now my friend.

EMBLEMHUNTER

I hope to have a new patch posted on the site by the end of nest week, it's a unit that was WW2 a Torpedo Squadron , it was "supposedly" the design for VT-8 but I have yet been able to find 100% proof, possibly for the "re-structured" VT-8 after the first original one was wiped out .

Looking forward to getting it posted , will update when possible .
Johnny

EMBLEMHUNTER

Actually it will be 4 new patches, one Air Group 11 bunch and the VT-10 ,made a "typo" on it put it as VT-8 ,but VT-10 is correct ,they should be up on the photobucket post in a day or so ...........................
Johnny
P.S. the AG-11 patches will be going into a Carrier museum display .