• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who produced this A2 , could someone help ?

littlebuddy

This is my "A2" that i wear most weekends , as long as its not too cold , it was in the collection that was left to me by my uncle

I rather curious to know who actually produced this jacket , it does have a gold on black label saying made in the USA on the inside on the side seam

many thanks in advance

Carl

DSCF3575_zpst2xddubk.jpg

DSCF3576_zpsnkbbkcnk.jpg

DSCF3577_zpsiegefunh.jpg

DSCF3578_zps2cicj3tb.jpg

DSCF3579_zpsl4plakh9.jpg

SuinBruin

I concur with the LW diagnosis. The missing "1" in the drawing number (should be 30-1415) along with the label style overall is a dead giveaway.

Skyhawk

Yep those labels. Really close but not quite perfect. LW should have done a little more R&D. The size is on the original labels, not on a sewn on size tab like the LW. Almost looks like someone tried to add it to this label just above the tab if you look closely.

Nice looking wearer!

regius

the label seems to be hand sewn afterwards, I had a Lost Worlds Dubow and the pocket flap is not like this, this almost looks like a Cooper!

regius

the shoulder profile doesn't look like a Lost Worlds either, so much modern Cooper-like, although the dull russet does look like a LW tannery.

Bombing IP

regius said:
the label seems to be hand sewn afterwards, I had a Lost Worlds Dubow and the pocket flap is not like this, this almost looks like a Cooper!

I still think it is a lost worlds ,Coopers tend to be goat skin .The hang loop on a Cooper is sewn under the collar Like a modern jacket(no stich marks showing on back panel) ,arm and back panel not one piece & side seams are different .
If you look at the pocket shapes on the LW they do seem to change as do the positions relative to the flap .

Bip

regius

True, LW is not consistent, or, they updated... for what I know for sure, there was a ring snap, later changed to nipple snap...or the other way round.

deerhunter

Hi to all VLG members !

I have a question regarding Cooper A2 and I don't want to start a new thread just beacause of this - I'd like to buy a Cooper A2, there are many nice ones on Ebay.

Almost all of them have one-piece back, but yesterday I found one that caught my eye which has side panels. Does anyone know why and when the Coopers have side panels ?

I prefer one-piece back mainly because of the look and side panels are not any big issue for me, but my concern is this - isn't the jacket more baggy with the panels ? I am slim and would like to have a slim-fit jacket and one-piece back Coopers used to fit me great ! (I used to have one some time ago).

Thank you very much for any response.

Best regards,

Jan

Ken at Aero Leather

Roughwear said:
100% Lost Worlds. The incorrect label is the clincher.

The label is from LW, (Stu missed the "1" out) the jacket is obviously not a LW, quality is poorer and the stitching is nowhere near to LW standard
The label has clearly been sloppily removed from another jacket and resewn.
I doubt very much if it's a Cooper as their label is bigger than LW's and the original label stitch marks would have shown on the close up