• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

which watch with which jacket

markc

Been a while since I looked at this - a lot of nice watches here.

This is my newest (to me - the watch is actually 1969)....

P1000485.jpg

Not exactly a "vintage leather jacket" that I'm wearing it with though :)

Cheers,

MikeyB-17

Just for a grin, I just got this off Ebay.

DSCF3331.jpg

It cost me £1 (well, the watch cost £1. Postage from Hong Kong was £10) I'm rather pleased with it. Automatic, even got a display back. First time I've ever bought anything from Hong Kong, must say I was quite impressed. Took just under 2 weeks to get here, but all very professional. Wouldn't buy anything expensive from there, but for a tenner I thought I'd take a chance, and I'm quite happy.

bobbyball

I tend to rotate my watches – mostly wearing military timepieces at the moment. Tend to swap between an Omega 53 fat arrow and my pride and joy – IWC Mark X1 from 1952.

Because of the sleeve knits on an A2 the smaller watches are more comfortable IMO

aerob6girl

Daily wearer since Christmas of this year is the Junkers 6524-3. Check it out here http://www.pointtec.de/junkers/6524-3/

I find that it's a fantastic watch, takes a beating (sapphire crystal comes in handy) and my only real beef with it is that it's manual wind (which I originally wanted) because I'm always so afraid I'll over-wind it. It's a lot like the Tutima and Hanhart, but nowhere near as expensive. I believe this one was about $580. Not too shabby, great deal for a great watch.
junkers_6524-3.jpg

siddhartha

Administrator
You shouldn't really worry about overwinding a modern handwind watch-it will let you know when you're fully wound, and it actually takes quite a bit of effort to go past that point.

Wear it, wind it, enjoy it!

Best,

Chris

atkins

MikeyB-17 said:
Just for a grin, I just got this off Ebay.

DSCF3331.jpg

It cost me £1 (well, the watch cost £1. Postage from Hong Kong was £10) I'm rather pleased with it. Automatic, even got a display back. First time I've ever bought anything from Hong Kong, must say I was quite impressed. Took just under 2 weeks to get here, but all very professional. Wouldn't buy anything expensive from there, but for a tenner I thought I'd take a chance, and I'm quite happy.

Mikey, thank you for that, been wanting to know that particular watch looks like in .....well reality.

BTW, this is my dream watch with my only A2. Ties help me purchased the watch. Thank you Ties!
4690758088_f640d960e8.jpg

Citizen JP 3020

MikeyB-17

atkins said:
Mikey, thank you for that, been wanting to know that particular watch looks like in .....well reality.

It don't look bad, but as should be expected, it isn't of the greatest quality. The Speedmaster has already resumed its place on my wrist. The Russky thing probabaly won't get a lot of wear, but hell, it was cheap. If you were thinking of buying one, I wouldn't.

rikbb

Omega ‘53’, 6B/542, goes with any jacket.
Omega Speedmaster mark III, goes well with a big jacket.
Those are all I have, all I ever wanted.

MikeyB-17

Whilst my Speedmaster is in dry dock I picked this up as an alternative to the G-Shock, which is great but not terribly pretty. I'm delighted with with it-love its stark simplicity. Nothing fancy, it has a quartz Citizen movement, but it only cost me £50 which I thought was pretty good. I fancied an old Seiko dive watch (I gave one away a few years ago), but the price of those seems to have shot up further than I was prepared to pay.

DSCF4259.jpg

derleicaman

Here's some of mine. Watches can become an obsession, too! I've been into the "tool watch" thing for a while now. Watches where form follows function. Here's some pairings with jackets I thought went well together.

Watch1.jpg

GMT Master II "Coke" Bezel with Good Wear Rough Wear 27752, Horween Dark Seal HH. The iconic pilot's watch in the red and black version.

Watch2.jpg

Sinn 356 Flieger with Good Wear Dubow 27798 in Russet Goat. I love the classic look of this watch with a brown leather strap. It goes great with a Russet A-2.

Watch3.jpg

Explorer II Black Dial with Good Wear No-Name 18246 P Depot Re-Dye. Another iconic watch from Rolex.

Watch4.jpg

Breitling Chrono Avenger in Titanium with CWU-36/P. The watch has a real presence without the "bling" usually associated with Breitling. Titanium keeps the weight down while lending a high-tech, tool watch look. Of all the watches I own, this one has the feel of total indestructability to it.

I hope you enjoy!

MikeyB-17

I'll have all four! Particularly love the GMT, the only Rolex I would really like to own. They have one in a second hand shop near me in that colour configuration, wish I had the cash. Normally I hate Breitlings, far too 'bling' as you say, but that one looks pretty cool. Nice looking sleeves too, I love those depot redyes.

JDAM

Here's a pic of a thrice of Omega 53's I stole from another site. Great, rare watch and still just about affordable, though that won't last long. I expect these to rapidly rise in value over the next few years.

6029.jpg

And another:

omegata1.jpg

JDAM

After writing this and suggesting Omega 53 were 'affordable', I thought twice. I suppose they're actually relatively expensive at about GBP 800-1000 for a quality Fat Arrow. The Thin Arrow (bottom image) are rarer still and now considerably more, probably double the price of a Fatty.

:oops: