• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

which watch with which jacket

1911A1US

Some folks here on the forum are watch collectors also,being one I am curious,do you have certain watches vintage or not that you wear with a particular jacket?:example with my A2 I wear my 24hr dial Wittnauer military watch,my 55j14 my MK stingray,other non military leather a vintage Hamilton,Longines etc.Just being curious or anal.....Brian

CBI

After collecting many period watches that did either not keep good time, broke, etc. I purchased the watch below from eBay. Its a modern watch, hassle free and it goes with all of my other vintage and/or repro items. There is one currently on the Bay. It looks MUCH better in person and is a great price. I aged the band a little when mine arrived.

http://i14.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/da/97/fec9_12.JPG

eBay item no.

title:
GERMAN LUFTWAFFE ME 109 PILOT VINTAGE WATCH - ME-109

MikeyB-17

Omega Speedmaster with everything-I used to have a Glycine Airman, but every day when it came to the 'which watch shall I wear today?' question, the Speedmaster always won, so the Glycine eventually went.

dadgad

One for all

116200BKRO.jpg

Andrew

CBI said:
After collecting many period watches that did either not keep good time, broke, etc. I purchased the watch below from eBay. Its a modern watch, hassle free and it goes with all of my other vintage and/or repro items. There is one currently on the Bay. It looks MUCH better in person and is a great price. I aged the band a little when mine arrived.

http://i14.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/da/97/fec9_12.JPG

eBay item no.

title:
GERMAN LUFTWAFFE ME 109 PILOT VINTAGE WATCH - ME-109

Intriguing John. Do you have any other pics of it?

My favourite is my 1943 Elgin A-11, however as of yesterday it's dead- my Wife gave it a ride in the washing machine and then the drier for good luck. I'll find out today if it can be resuscitated. :oops:

CBI

the eBay Luftwaffe repro - I aged the metal a little as well with some acrylic wash

IMG_3588.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

CBI

CBI said:
the eBay Luftwaffe repro - I aged the metal a little as well with some acrylic wash. the ageing on the dial I did not do, it comes that way. Overall for the price I have been very happy with it and I don't have to worry if I bump or drop it. The crown is REALLY thick and seemingly scratch resistent. I have been throught it all, many expensive originals, cheap Russian repros, etc. The typical current chronographs are not period enough for my taste.

IMG_3588.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
I have a small collection of early Rolex, and this one's my usual wearer. I've posted him before, perfect size to fit snugly under an A-2 knit, and period correct, dating from circa 1942.

In fact, this was the model that Rolex usually supplied to officers in POW camps ... somewhere I have one of the accompanying letters.

bubble1.jpg

CHECK6

used to wear a 1938 LIP ELGILOY BELGIAN MILITARY WATCH,but it's only 30MM watch ,i also wear a SEIKO 6306-7001 automatic divers watch,the same watch worn by MARTIN SHEEN in APOCALYPSE NOW,in my collection an unwearable WW1 watch ,one of the first wrist watch ,the case is in silver and the cadran in porcelain, my next one will be for sure a OMEGA SPEEDMASTER (maybe a pre-moon model)
"leather jackets,watches,cars,girls,......man's ruin!!!!!!!)
HAVE A NICE WEEKEND
FAB

markc

I wear this one with pretty much everything:

IMAGE_003.jpg

This one too (if I'm feeling posh):

PICT6480-2.jpg

This "goes well" with my jackets:

PICT6009-1.jpg

and the 1930s watch on the left would be OK - but it's a bit small for me

PICT6013.jpg

Cheers,

Marv

One watch for my every occasion - Omega Seamaster Professional Co-Axil Chronometer

duwan34

I have a small vintage collection (not only military watches), so with my jackets I wear this cyma :

IMG_3551.jpg

IMG_3554.jpg

or this chrono Auricoste (a french 50' chrono.) :

IMG_0015-2.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Others :

birks1.jpg

birks2.jpg

ham02.jpg

ham03.jpg

sam006.jpg