• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which contract and why?

rjbaal

I presently have a Goodwear Bronco on order. I chose the Bronco because I like the angled pockets and the fact that the original where made in NYC. I am curious to know how others chose which contract to purchase.

Rjbaal

Roughwear

rjbaal said:
I presently have a Goodwear Bronco on order. I chose the Bronco because I like the angled pockets and the fact that the original where made in NYC. I am curious to know how others chose which contract to purchase.

Rjbaal

I decided on the Doniger as its so sharp to look at with the long pointed collar. I loved the goat which JC used on his test jacket.

greyhound52

I have had a Werber, Doniger (which was a clone of my original), Bronco, and now Dubow. Sold the Bronco and Werber cause I liked the HH and look of the Dubow. Still like the Doniger as it is just like the original and looks sharp.

A

Anonymous

Doniger, because it's all about fashion. Funny, though, there was limited or no interest in Doniger until about a year ago.

khiattP-51

Bronco 29191. It's my overall favorite of all A-2s because of the smart cut and suit square shoulders are a great fit for a guy built like me. I like the collar shape. The deep scalloped pocket flaps, the not so tapered sleeves, the Crown zips, the tobacco brown lining, the dull but rich brown color. A Bronco was one of the first originals I got hands on experience with when I started collecting. I've owned several and currently own one.

-Kevin

Andrew

Tranquility Base said:
Doniger, because it's all about fashion. Funny, though, there was limited or no interest in Doniger until about a year ago.

You started it Simon! It was your cloned original that started the craze.

better duck

I have read so many positive comments on Dubows over time on this forum and its predecessors, that it made me curious. From what I have seen I like the overall look of Dubow, esp. the collar shape and the pocket flaps. I had a goat A2 on my wishlist.
When I contacted John and provided him with the measurements of my ELC Werber, which is rather close fitting, he e-mailed me back, that I'm a nearly perfect standard 46 and he recommended a Dubow or a Doniger as to fit (I asked for a rather snug fit).
So now I have a goat 46 GW Dubow in the pipeline....

shanghai joe

I'm talking originals.......NOT clowns.......ooops clones I mean.....excusz moi for typo

spiewark..............collars short (in height at back collar) sharp and sweeeeeeeet-sweet as in my honeys

oooooooh and those inset sleeves

uuuuuuuuuh and those epaulets covering the shoulder sleeeves

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.......to goat: squirt!

'wark........ 'wark.......... 'wark

zoomer

I used to own a GW Bronco prototype but found the sleeves and shoulders way too confining. John recommended his United Sheeplined as a similar cut with more freedom of movement, and when I saw a United proto on eBay I Bought It Now.