• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to source "black cotton drill" lining material??

rpmooreii

In a recent post I showed a couple of pics of my new cafe jacket that was missing its liner. I have come to the conclusion that I want to reline the jacket either in a tartan flannel or a classic black cotton drill. It seems like the drill lining would be more durable and less likely to stain than the tartans.

Does anybody have any sources for black cotton drill lining material like that used by Aero Leather?

Thanks,

...Roger

bseal

Black cotton sateen is a smart choice. Probably would be found in SF at a store called Britex.

Tim P

Definately sateen rather than drill. a decent tartan wool body would be very practical however, especially if the sleeves were sateen.

rpmooreii

Hi guys. Thanks for the comments and thoughts. I am probably in the minority on this, but I don't like sateen and since I have no intention of selling I want to choose based solely on my wants. It feels cold on the skin and living in Santa Barbara I typically just wear over a short sleeve shirt so I don't need the sliding properties of sateen on long sleeves.

Rather I would like a lining similar to an A2 but in black.

Thanks,

...Roger

Tim P

Cotton sateen is not like satin or silky. its combat jacket material, smoother and softer than drill. a2s were not lined in drill.

rpmooreii

Sorry... I guess I am showing my ignorance on these sort of things ;) I chose "drill" to ask about because that is the material used on several of the Aero moto jackets. Is cotton sateen the stuff used in MA-1 jackets?

...Roger

watchmanjimg

Drill is merely a variation of twill, having a diagonal weave. Picture khakis on steroids. I agree that it's a good lining for cafe racers.