• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When was Sage Green B-15 first issued?

oose

Hi,
I came across this pic of Sage Green B-15 in Korea, just wondered when they were first issued, This is the earliest one I've seen. Does anyone else have any shots of them in use in Korea.

Thanks
stu

Atticus

Cool photo. I think we see a B-15B, several B-15Cs and a B-15D. Oh, and a L-2A.

I've never been able to pin an exact date on the end of the Air Force "blue era". I know when the Korean Conflict ended (1953), and I know that sage appeared before then, but I get the impression that it wasn't much before then. My N-2A was made in 1952, and I believe it was in the last contract for that jacket, so maybe that was about when sage appeared.

AF

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Atticus said:
My N-2A was made in 1952, and I believe it was in the last contract for that jacket, so maybe that was about when sage appeared.

That would be right, MIL-J-6251A, the specification for the B-15D was dated 07 February 1952, so sometime after that.

Weasel_Loader

Geoff, I'd be willing to bet that is a cloth B-15 and not a nylon B. Just my thoughts looking at the shade and how light is reflecting off the other nylon jackets in the photo. Any other ideas?

BTW, love the photo! ;)