• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When Im bored I do stuff like this...

When Im bored I paint or draw.
Thought Id Paint the back of my Cooper. First time on a jacket but wont be my last.
S6302871.jpg

S6302870.jpg

dujardin

good workkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

i'm not handling easily english language so can't help you on the name.

but... but ... what about the good old : ''what's up doc???'' :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:

as you said... too 'cliché'

byeeeee marcel

The two ive been thinkin about are, "Duck Season" or "Lola's Revenge" (Lola being Buggs's Girls name) But I like "Wabbit Pellets" thats cool.

Silver Dollar

Well then, looks like that's it. It's a great result. You've really captured that 40's cartoon look which can be difficult to do. I don't know how many old cartoons I had to study before I even came close to the right look but when you see it, you know it. Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Silver Dollar said:
Well then, looks like that's it. It's a great result. You've really captured that 40's cartoon look which can be difficult to do. I don't know how many old cartoons I had to study before I even came close to the right look but when you see it, you know it. Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers Man :D

Bored again, nothin on TV so I thought id have a crack at an A2.......

For reference I used the Photo of the Hilts A2 from the Toys McCoy Catalog.

S6302915copy-1.jpg

After getting my hands on a couple of really nice ELC A2's, id kinda forgotten about my old Cooper. So to dull the urge to paint up one of my Eastman's, I Finally got around to finishing the work Id started months ago. Im pretty happy with it now....

S6302997.jpg

zoomer

You know what's best about it?

:D :D :D IT DOESN'T LOOK TOO PROFESSIONAL! :D :D :D

Don't take that wrong oso.
It's VERY hard to get a good jacket artist who doesn't overdo the work ethic.
He'll put down razor sharp lines, perfectly blended shadings, and laser-crisp lettering.
The result: something that's so perfect it looks like it belongs on a show quality street rod - not on a piece of kit that gets worn and used.

You are a rarity - you understand how to do it like they used to AND NO BETTER. May your numbers increase!

a2jacketpatches

Very nice freestyle artwork, certainly an accurate way to paint an A-2, and I see your rendition as outstanding. You are a true artist.

I'm one of those artists that have posted pics of laser crisp lines and what might be called overdone, but I do agree that freestyle is the way to go if you wanna be accurate. I'm not so sure that the professionals don't understand how it was done, or are not able to do so, they are simply doing the best they can to please the untrained eye. After all, most people who see artwork on a modern repro A-2, couldn't even tell you who attacked Pearl Harbor, nevermind the accuracy of a painting method. And I'm pretty sure if you ask for the human element in a painting, you will be accomodated. Actually, if you truly want to understand how it was actually done and no better, most were painted by individuals with little or no art experience at all and look as such.

Just thought I'd clear that up a little for those who don't understand that the professional is out to achieve what a paying customer asks for. Hell, I can fingerpaint purple pokkadots if that's what he wants.

Members online

Latest posts