• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your inventory?

blackrat2

I am an addict my name is John...there I have said it now

I own a USL from Goodwear
A RAF cold weather jacket
I have owned two Perrys,a Donni,RW 27752 and a Poughkeepsie all from GW and had an original no name Knopf

I am an addict

blackrat2

Looking through this post again I think John Lever and Cobblers sum it up well....no such thing as a keeper and like you Steve I hate to think of the money I have spent...I forgot my ELC purchases albeit brief...42 27752 Pearl Harbour in a 44 then a larger replacement for that

johnwayne

Crikey, I better show my wife some of your lists, she may not think I'm that nuts after all!
Here goes:-
ATF M41
Alpha MA1
early ELC house A2
ELC 1401
ELC Hartmann
SFA A1
Goodwear Doniger A2
Original Dubow A2
Aero M442a
Caglego G1 '53
Caglego G1 '57
thats an odd number, think I need to add another, ......hmm?
cheers
Wayne

alabama

have one 35 year old Aviation Leather Craft A2, OK not so accurate but i am never throwing
it away. Will one day be able to afford a better repo. hers hoping.

jnlight75

OK, here is the list:

Repro
GW Dubow 27798 (44) in seal goat
B-10 Roughwear, Buzz Rickson (42)
B-10 Oldin Dennis, Buzz Rickson (42)
B-10 Roughwear, ELC (40) - new, looking for a new home soon
L-2 American Pad and Textile, Buzz Rickson (38)
L-2a Buzz Rickson and Sons (40)

Original
M-65 field jacket, 1st infantry div. patched
1980's Navy work jacket with multiple cruise patches
A-9 flight pants (original WWII to match the B-10)

Otter

Oh dear, this plumbs the depth of my jacket mania:

Sheepskins: Eastman B2 (House), Aero mid war Irvin

Cloth: Eastman B-15 (Roughwear), Alpha B-15c (Vintage series), Alpha N2b, Alpha CWU 45, Aero B-10 (very early production), Aero B-10 (very late production in wool rather than cotton outer), Us Army Oxford nylon helicopter crew jacket.

A2's: Cooper A2 painted and badged to MissGee Eyewanta (Go Home) [formerly owned by the bombardier on that plane and signed inside by him], Sefton 42-87759 made in late 70's painted and badged to No Guts , No Glory; Aero A-2 42-110118P in goat, Burma Bridge Busters; Aero A-2 43-14152P in horse with red Aces silk lining and Bridge Busters treatment.

Misc: Aero ANJ-2, Aero Motorcycle in Heavy Steer, Aero Hercules with mouton collar

Marv

Marv said:
Marv said:
Repros

ELC RW 27752 A2
ELC Pearl Harbor A2
ELC RAF 42 pattern Irvin
ELC G1
BK G&F M422a
Cooper A2
GW RW 27752 A2 (still on order)

Forgot to add ALC Irvin to the original list, Ralph Lauren N1 Deck Jacket and repro M41 jacket

Originals

Martin Lane Co 1968 G1

oh, and a Wested Indy jacket too :)

EMBLEMHUNTER

I have one Leather "lookalike" A-2 in my "collection" it isn't even a real one , just a similar looking "type" I think it was made by the "Winston" cigarette company or a company with that name as it has a dark brown logo sewn directly into the front where a unit patch would usually go , I can find no other tags or details about it , it has side entry pockets but they also have the top snap open flap, it had elastic cuffs/waistband ,and eppulettes like an A-2 and a seam down center of back vertically , but other than that it looks close to an A-2 .

I got it cheap $20.00 , in good shape and nice fairly thick grained dark brown real leather , would love to have a real one , but I can't even afford to pay attention let alone afford even a current issue .

I like the jacket , I may eventually make a leather patch to have sewn onto the front to cover the "Winston" logo , I will have to find a place to put it on that won't charge a fortune to that too .

I met a few veterans locally who had some awesome A-2's with art/patches I'd have given a certain piece of anatomy for , but they wanted to keep them and pass them onto thier reltives which I very much understand !

Maybe one day ................................................................
Johnny

bretron

I have drastically pared down my inventory recently, in an effort to pick up one of Mark's aviator half-belts, make room for my upcoming GW plus allow my sickness to grow (meaning fund my eBay habit)!

Current inventory of flight and moto jackets:
GW 23383 A-2
LW Foster 7823 (AER) G-1
Skyline 8279 MA-1
Langlitz Crescent

"Recently" Departed:
BK test monarch A-2
Aero 50s half-belt
Beck cafe
Windward double rider m/c
Gordon & Ferguson M-69F
Rolen Sportwear L2-B
Monarch 40s half-belt
JA Dubow 7823(AER) G-1
H&L Block AN-6552
I know I'm forgetting three or four but you get the idea!

A

Anonymous

That's all. Nobody has anything?

BK told me they will pick the winner sowewhere around the 3rd or 4th week of March.
Until then there is time for anyone who likes to add his list here.

And some jackets from the top of my head so I can participate in the competition.

Repros
-------
BK House 29971 A-2 (first ever made)
G-1 Brill Bross from 1987
Spearhead M-41 Parsons
N-1 vintage repro

Original
---------
G-1 FOSTER

M65 ALPHA CAMO M/R
M65 ALPHA CAMO S/R
M65 ALPHA OD XS/R
M65 ALPHA OD M/R
M65 ALPHA BLACK S/R
M65 ALPHA OD S/R SILVER ZIP
M65 ALPHA OD
M65 ROLANE S/R SILVER ZIP
M65 CHEROKEE S/R
M65 WINFIELD S/R
M65 WINFIELD S/R
M65 WINFILED S/R
M65 WINFILED S/R
MA-1 BLUE
N-3B OD
N-3B BLACK

and Wested Indy

PaulGT3

Well when I joined this place I had a B-3 from Eastman and that was around Christmas.
Then I discovered John Chapman and Goodwear
NOW the collection looks like this
Eastman B-3 house version
USAuthentic A2
Cold weather Aramid flight jacket
CWU-45P
Goodwear Star Sportswear A2 Horse hide
Goodwear Perry Goat A2
Goodwear Dubow Goat A2
Goodwear B-6 and the creme de le creme
Goodwear LW Foster G-1
So I have grown quite abit!!!!

PaulGT3

I think I am a full fledged member now, that I understand the madness.
AND that I have learned to justify it to my wife.
Plus I have had some DANG good teachers here!

bretron

PaulGT3 said:
...AND that I have learned to justify it to my wife.

Paul, how'd you manage that feat? I want your strategy! Five GWs in about a month's time would mean marriage counseling in my household!!!

A

Anonymous

I m sure your wife has more shoes and bags than you have jackets
and some of them cost more than your jackets.