• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats known about this contract?

Hawkeye

From a recently picked up Dubow. The label says DWG NO. 30-1415, A.C. CONTRACT, Order No. W33-038 A.C-1755(11631). Any info is greatly appreciated.

T-Bolt

I have seen that contract Dubow up for sale several times in the last few years. I don't have any specifics to add though. Any chance of some photos, once you receive it? Nice score!

Ted

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Maybe as late as 1944, one of the last contracts awarded. Certainly the last for Dubow, coming after the large 27798 order.

Hawkeye

Thans, thats really interesting. I was under the impression that A-2s werent made after 1943 due to introduction of the B-10

Jake431

Hawkeye said:
Thans, thats really interesting. I was under the impression that A-2s werent made after 1943 due to introduction of the B-10

There weren't contracts issued for them after 1943, but they were still made to complete the orders already placed, so, it makes sense that some new A-2's would show up in 1944 from those last issued contracts.

-Jake

zoomer

sgbailey2002 said:
According to Aota Mituhiro in his book "Full Gear", 'size 36-40 mainly, 1944'.
Small sizes save leather...also encourage adoption of the new type jacket. So perhaps a "strategic" decision.