• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's Chuck wearing?.............

Flightpath

Hi Geir,

yes, the 17th was the worst weather ever, cloud, rain, hail and snow!!! (but it gave me a chance to wear my G-1, I thought I'd have to put it away until december!).
Last year was blue sky and sunshine!

I work at a school with Asker Kommune Eiendomsforvaltningen, and my wife is a teacher at two schools here in Asker.

Hils,

-John

Weasel_Loader said:
The two weeks I spent in Stavanger, Norway:

These are some snaps Dad took of a senic flight he took from Kristiansand to Stavanger on May 18 1945, ex Banff, Scotland.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image8.jpg

He enjoyed it 'cause no one tried to shoot back at him.

Quite a heady experience for a 23 year old.

From the original pictures it can be seen under a magnifying glass that some of the FW 190's have had the propellors removed to prevent flight and some of the rear fuselages have been axed through.

BEVAN

Swing

deeb7 said:
Swing said:
The earliest photos I have of L2As are in early to mid 51 in Korea, so it's very possible the jacket Yeager is wearing is an L2A.

I think so too ... if there was a new jacket, he'd be wearing it.

Or if there was a pre-production experimental model, I imagine there's a good chance he'd be wearing it.

~Swing