• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What size is this A-2 ?

442RCT

It's listed as a Flight Apparel Industries sz 40. The measurement for sleeve and body length seem like a 38-40 L.

21" measured across the chest between the underarm seams
19" measured across waist
27" sleeve length
18" shoulders
29" long measured from collar to hem

SuinBruin

Looks like a 38VL (very long). 21" across the chest is too small for a 40 (I wear a size 40, and 22.5" is cutting it close). On the other hand, 27" sleeves and a 29" body are very long -- I take a long size, and my A-2 sleeves are closer to 25 to 26", with a 26" body.

cheers,
matt

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
That's just odd, the chest, and shoulder measurements make it a 38, but with the length, it doesn't even qualify as an A-2.

I had a size 40 FAI ... I didn't record the measurements, but they were nothing like that, and it fitted well.

442RCT

deeb7 said:
That's just odd, the chest, and shoulder measurements make it a 38, but with the length, it doesn't even qualify as an A-2.

I had a size 40 FAI ... I didn't record the measurements, but they were nothing like that, and it fitted well.

Based on their measurements and both you and suinbruins input, I'm going to take a pass on this jacket for my collection of 'orphan' manufacturers. The guy wearing the jacket looked tall and lean...nothing like my short torso. :mrgreen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

The auction ended and the jacket went for less than $ 50.00...would'a made a good painter or patcher.