• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

tjoenn

First day of A-2 weather this summer here in these parts of Norway....
IMG_6418.JPG

Technonut2112

Techno is that the BRONSON A1?

No, I sold the Bronson awhile back... This one is an inexpensive made-to-measure jacket I picked up.

EDIT: I should add that I was QUITE surprised to find that ALL of my requested measurements were followed precisely on this one ... 23.5" P-P, 18.75" shoulders, 25.75" sleeves, and 25" back length. I actually like this one better than the Bronson, and it's less expensive. The goatskin on this one is more supple, and of a nice mid-thickness. More 'capeskin' like than the stiffer Bronson. I also had a 100% cotton lining (red) installed. It has the contrasting stitching commonly seen on A-1's, and acceptable knits.

I'm planning a thread, and will reveal where I purchased it then. This was an initial 'test' jacket for me to see what kind of quality I'd get. I went in totally skeptical, and was pleasantly surprised. I plan on purchasing another with just a couple of tweaks. If this one is an indication, I should end-up with quite a feature-accurate, made-to-measure A-1 for under $200.00 USD. ;)

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

No, I sold the Bronson awhile back... This one is an inexpensive made-to-measure jacket I picked up.

EDIT: I should add that I was QUITE surprised to find that ALL of my requested measurements were followed precisely on this one ... 23.5" P-P, 18.75" shoulders, 25.75" sleeves, and 25" back length. I actually like this one better than the Bronson, and it's less expensive. The goatskin on this one is more supple, and of a nice mid-thickness. More 'capeskin' like than the stiffer Bronson. I also had a 100% cotton lining (red) installed. It has the contrasting stitching commonly seen on A-1's, and acceptable knits.

I'm planning a thread, and will reveal where I purchased it then. This was an initial 'test' jacket for me to see what kind of quality I'd get. I went in totally skeptical, and was pleasantly surprised. I plan on purchasing another with just a couple of tweaks. If this one is an indication, I should end-up with quite a feature-accurate, made-to-measure A-1 for under $200.00 USD. ;)

Wow that sounds interesting

Greg Gale

Thanks all, it's very subjective, but as you can see the smile on my face, it makes ME happy :)

I still cannot decide whether I like it with that whistle attached or without it, though.

Earloffunk

The good news is: you can take it off any time you wish to do so... ;-)

I have reattached it to my A2 and have decided not to give a damn about the funny looks and comments I get for the whistle. Some people just don't know...