• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Skip

Thinking the Bk AN-J-3 is a little outclassed by Melbourne’s artwork...

8D255351-0A0B-497B-A603-1288E7C9C148.jpeg

FDA06CA6-9965-4C79-A761-ECC25F9A7F55.jpeg

Skip

Spot on Burt, it’s handled the four seasons Melbourne’s thrown at us so far. Funny it’s about to dip below 10C here but it’s nearing 20 at home near Sydney.

Thanks Tim, I’m open to good coffe and cafes if you have a personal fave. I’ve gone teetotaller these days, or should that be coffee-totaller. Never explored Melbourne by foot before, it’s sure got a lot of spunk

Smithy

Well everyone who visits Melbourne needs to have a coffee at Pellegrini's, just down from the State Parliament. The grub there's good too, they usually have a daily pasta dish cooked by the old Italian nonna there for lunch which is often great.

If you're on foot (and using the trams and trains), Fitzroy, Brunswick, Richmond are all worth exploring. You'll no doubt do Chapel St for the shopping so if you want a quick lunch on the go get a banh mi at N Tran, cheap as chips and the best banh mi you'll ever eat. Actually the Vietnamese food around Richmond is great.

My favourite cafe was Espresso 3121 in Richmond just a short stroll from work. There's a recording studio just round the corner and I often used to bump into Nick Cave round there!

There's so much more to write but we're off to a country fair way out in the wops so I'll PM you when I get back.

Skip

Thanks Tim. Walked past Pellegrinnis today may have to walk past again. So much to see but sadly only here till Monday. Nevertheless havin a ball

Smithy

Have you got time to go down to Point Cook to visit the RAAF Museum? Bit of a hike without a rental car, you'd need to take a Werribee train and the bus as well.

Skip

Have you got time to go down to Point Cook to visit the RAAF Museum? Bit of a hike without a rental car, you'd need to take a Werribee train and the bus as well.

Unfortunately not mate. We did go to the air show they put on in 2015 which was a sensation. Lots of WW1 birds their.

Would love to go but that would be a car trip, and one for the future

B-Man2

Just cracked the box for my ELC Perry Sportswear B-3 and it is a perfect fit. (Pics tomorrow I PROMISE)...

Along with the pics of the GW/Diamond Bronco box, the RW Stagg B-10..

What else did I need to snap for y'all?
Can’t wait to see the pixs of the Perry Mixed Batch. Congrats on that one . IMHO that’s the nicest one ELC makes.

Silver Surfer

yeah, the whole ny area is hot and humid, humid and hot, hot and humid, now for a coupla weeks...at least. leather jacket? ha, it would begin to get moldy within an hour or two...if ya could keep it on that long. board shorts, and flip flops are the order of the day. evening? maybe a loose aloha shirt with shorts and ffs..

ausreenactor

Can’t wait to see the pixs of the Perry Mixed Batch. Congrats on that one . IMHO that’s the nicest one ELC makes.

Insane winds and low temperatures in Mildura at the moment. Cracked the B-3 yesterday and sat in it at the computer while ripping Godless and the The Son off the net. It is a delight to wear. Transitioned to the BK Werber A-2 for dinner then dragged out the RM Stagg and the ELC D-1 for a pic...

The B-3 might head up to Townsville just for mannequin wear with the ELC shearling flight helmet.

IMG20180819143906.jpg
IMG20180819143958.jpg

IMG20180819144044.jpg
IMG20180819144049.jpg
IMG20180819144224.jpg
IMG20180819144228.jpg
IMG20180819144247.jpg
IMG20180819144306.jpg
IMG20180819144415.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20180819143932.jpg
    IMG20180819143932.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 328

Geeboo

Great jacket ! It is very likely M421a will be my next custom-made project. Is yours a repro or original, cos i see one Willis is in fine twill- as with almost all others makers I see.
willis.jpg