• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ties70

Alan,

a proper bag is a must-have, but here is my advice:

Stay away from gentlemen's clutches....except for the proper Hamburg / Sankt Pauli version:

59f6b9495dc2ec67c79101c8_rw_19.jpg

I think 100% accuracy on this jacket is not exactly the key here so go for it.

Looking at the jacket - yes “ the experts that we are here !! “ - can see it’s not a Goodwear / Eastman, etc etc.
But the average man in the street looking at that jacket is absolutely non the wiser.

And glad to see the bag is back.
A man and his bag should not be separated !

Smithy

Have you been on a C-47 Flightengineer? I've always meant to and it's on the to do list. There's one back home which does scenic flights but as usual when it's in your own backyard I never actually got around to going ahead and doing it.

Flightengineer

Yes, I managed to fly it twice. Alas, only as a passenger. This plane is the love of my life :) Last time with DDA this month in Amsterdam on PH-PBA.
I also flew Li-2 (this is Russian licensed DC-3 version). Unfortunately, the last Russian flying Li-2 was lost in crash 14 years ago and now the only Li-2 in the airworthiness remained only in Hungary.
You have in Norway flying DC-3 operated by Dakota Norway.

ausreenactor

nice jacket and Display - sidecar hack Looks like one of my chinese manufactured CJ750 ...

Good eye! Michael's bike is a CJ750! The bike, along with a US White Scout Car was the nucleus of the NQMRC as it formed back in 2013. I rolled down to Sydney on promotion at the end of 2013 as the group grew larger and evolved to where it is now. LOTS of positive feedback from the crowd. Being a 'Garrison Town' enhances the interest. My 82nd Airborne impression has been getting a workout. My only goal for the Show was to play 'dummy' and then move. As the pram/stroller wheel rolled into a restricted view I sat upright.

"OH MY GOD! That's creepy!" Thank you ma'am, life goal achieved. Back for another 17 hour day of struttin' the stuff.

Regards,

Couchy.

zoomer

It's midsummer in the upper midwest, so I am rotating my two Willis & Geiger M-421s, and then only if it's windy, rainy or I need lots of pockets. The W&G bush poplin is great goods, tightly woven enough to shrug off light precipitation tho not water treated in any way.

Best part is, I got the 2nd jacket at a very reasonable price due to some minor spotting on the right front. (I'm gonna patch it over with the insignia of VT-6, the Devastator squadron that got all but wiped out at Midway.)
Unknown.jpeg

Aren't patch-flap pockets way cooler than plain slit pockets? I think so!
willis_geiger_m421a_01.jpg

Last edited: